Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spanking Children

Options
  • 28-02-2012 1:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I am a parent who wishes to use smacking as a form of discipline. My question is when does smacking legally become abuse. Is giving more than one smack across back of the legs or bottom crossing the line?. Has society gone too over protective, that putting my bold child over my knee and giving him a few spanking (a few smacks) is now illegal?. The area seems so black and white. Please I know that there is people who will read this thread and be horrified at the thought of a child getting a smack, but I do not want this to become a anti/pro smacking debate. It is my choice, how I wish to discipline my child. I have raised my older kids successfully with both my Husband and I regulary using reasonable physical punishment. I just want to know what's the law in this country regarding smacking at this current point in time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

jessie j wrote: »
    I am a parent who wishes to use smacking as a form of discipline. My question is when does smacking legally become abuse. Is giving more than one smack across back of the legs or bottom crossing the line?. Has society gone too over protective, that putting my bold child over my knee and giving him a few spanking (a few smacks) is now illegal?. The area seems so black and white. Please I know that there is people who will read this thread and be horrified at the thought of a child getting a smack, but I do not want this to become a anti/pro smacking debate. It is my choice, how I wish to discipline my child. I have raised my older kids successfully with both my Husband and I regulary using reasonable physical punishment. I just want to know what's the law in this country regarding smacking at this current point in time.

You want to smack your children but don't know where discipline crosses the line in to abuse?
    You ask if society is overprotective but don't want an anti/pro smacking debate?
    You've raised older kids and still regularly use physical punishment???

I'm going to end this one right now before it even starts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement