Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WTF is this in my wine?

• 28-02-2012 1:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭

Ok I was drinking a nice bottle of wine and I'm on my last glass when I look into my glass and see this

7890e31f.jpg

I nearly puked as I thought it was a worm or something.
    That's me done with wine- back to cheapie beer from now.
    I inspected the foreign object and it's like loads of little crystals.
    Never saw anything like this in a bottle of wine.

Oh yeah The missus was beside me when I saw it, I shouted there's a f uckin worm in my wine- she then puked :-)

Here's the bottle of the piss I drank
    Off to bed now

34563260.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Its probably just a lump of pesticide that wasn't filtered out, relax, its not like tequila.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

It looks like tiny poop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

It's sediment, perfectly normal, you'll get it with older wines. Next time try decanting the wine and this won't happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

its AIDS in crystal form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Wine is gick.

Man up and start flooring the brandy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

Looks like rat shit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Eat the rat poopoo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

I've seen this at the bottom ofmy wine glass a few times since i started drinking 4e bottles, bit gross if you get a mouthfull but wouldn't put me off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Sindri:So I said I must get out of these wet clothes and into a dry Martini!

*laugher*

stupidusername:Well said.

iggy:Oh! Good Lord, there's a fly in my drink!

Sindri:I put it there.

iggy:You did?

Sindri:I slipped it into your glass as a gag.

iggy:Pure hilarious!

stupidusername:Pure Sindri!

Later 12:I pronounce it to be the most whimsical jape of the season.

*jolly laughter and clapping*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It looks like what comes out of me after I've drank a bottle of red wine

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Floodric

Yeah theyre just naturally forming crystals. Theyre actually a sign of good quality wine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Its the skin of the grape afaik. You won't die thankfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Sediment but after a full bottle of wine I usually see worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

iggy wrote: »
    34563260.jpg

That Manowar is an acquired taste, alright.

To me all wine tastes like sediment or muck.
    The only drink people talk bollox before they drank to much of it.

But I like it on my chips.

My whole knowledge of wine can be summed up by

Red with meat
    white with fish
    Drink enough
    And it gets you pissed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Neadine

Looks like something pooped in there :eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Check the used by date, or if its those dodgy bottles that have been in the news lately without used by dates, bring them back to where you bought them and complain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Merlot, Cabernet and Malbec all in one...certainly covering all bases anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

you don't get stuff like that in bucky,

bucky 1 normal wine 0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Its the blokes spunk that was stamping on the grapes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

You big eejit OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Formosa

Drinking wine is bad enough, then he's putting up pictures of it on a saddo forum...someone has a lot of manning up to do.

I tried to get a taste for wine, its better then beer in terms of calories and in general its meant to be better for you, well so say the wine merchants. But every time I taste it, it still tastes like wine and that is the problem.

I actually heard someone say to his wife at a house party type thing,,"Nah I am not in the humour of drinking I will just have the wine" and this attitude to wine is costing the NHS in Britain serious problems. You have middle class couples in Britain sharing a bottle or 2 of wine every night and then eventually turning up at hospitals to be told they have cirrhosis and being shocked as they never believed they were drinking alcoholically, they were just having a few glasses of wine.

Although the doco I seen was about Britain I have to assume it is the same here for a lot of the middle classes.

Maybe its better I don't get a taste for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

44leto wrote: »
    I tried to get a taste for wine, its better then beer in terms of calories and in general its meant to be better for you, well so say the wine merchants. But every time I taste it, it still tastes like wine and that is the problem.

I actually heard someone say to his wife at a house party type thing,,"Nah I am not in the humour of drinking I will just have the wine" and this attitude to wine is costing the NHS in Britain serious problems. You have middle class couples in Britain sharing a bottle or 2 of wine every night and then eventually turning up at hospitals to be told they have cirrhosis and being shocked as they never believed they were drinking alcoholically, they were just having a few glasses of wine.

Although the doco I seen was about Britain I have to assume it is the same here for a lot of the middle classes.

Maybe its better I don't get a taste for it.

You're not trying hard enough.

I know the attitude you mean though, that people seem to think wine is not alcoholic. Eh, like there's a higher percentage of booze in it than beer? I think that was Georgie Best's excuse actually after he ruined the new liver - he didn't realise wine counted as alcohol. Doh..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

OP! It's sediment you peon. Fancy not recognising sediment in a bottle of wine!

Back to the gutter with you, you degenerate meth drinking pleb.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

You're not trying hard enough.

I know the attitude you mean though, that people seem to think wine is not alcoholic. Eh, like there's a higher percentage of booze in it than beer? I think that was Georgie Best's excuse actually after he ruined the new liver - he didn't realise wine counted as alcohol. Doh..

Because they reckon winos are drinking it for the social status?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Stop wining OP - it's only a bit of sediment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Floodric wrote: »
    Yeah theyre just naturally forming crystals. Theyre actually a sign of good quality wine.

It's this kinda crap that puts people off wine - no matter what anyone tells you a "good" bottle of any drink shouldn't have lumps of stuff in it! The obvious exception to this rule being the 1985 chateau club l'orange.:)
    44leto wrote: »

These people are collectively known as idiots, they're not much of a loss really.
    My girlfriends friend drinks one or 2 bottles of red wine every night, she can't sleep without it, but completely dismisses the suggestion she might have a drink problem - cos it's only wine!!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

It's this kinda crap that puts people off wine - no matter what anyone tells you a "good" bottle of any drink shouldn't have lumps of stuff in it! The obvious exception to this rule being the 1985 chateau club l'orange.:)

These people are collectively known as idiots, they're not much of a loss really.
    My girlfriends friend drinks one or 2 bottles of red wine every night, she can't sleep without it, but completely dismisses the suggestion she might have a drink problem - cos it's only wine!!:rolleyes:

I know someone who says the same, "its just a bottle of wine while I am winding down in the evening" but lately she is looking the worse for wear.

I don't know how the marketing witches ever got that message across, a glass of wine is a natural and pure, traditional product refined from the grape and served in a beautiful lead crystal glass with numerous health benefits.

When I drink at home I am drinking from a can with Heineken written all over it, I know I am drinking and it is not good to do it to much. A glass of wine is promoted along the vein of a nice cup of tea.

You have to take your hat off to them, marketing is true witchcraft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

they look like grape vine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

its the dirt between a french winemaker's toes after squishing the grapes with his bare feet.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

its the dirt between a french winemaker's toes after squishing the grapes with his bare feet.

Fair dues to the Kiwis if they import authentic artisan stompers to get the best out of that unholy allegiance of grapes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Fair dues to the Kiwis if they import authentic artisan stompers to get the best out of that unholy allegiance of grapes.

yeah its the onions the french like to wear that bring out the flavour :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

The man o war is not a bad little vineyard at all.

I'm not a wine conneisseur (sp) at all, I have however had the opportunity to try some of the best wines in the worls at work and various wine tastings etc. I just have no huge passion for it, and I prefer a big cold beer I can guzzle on.

I can picture the op as some young lad from Darndale trying a wine all curious like, then retching over the 'worm' :D

Always decant a good red wine, and some say let it breath for a couple of hours, though a really old wine can spoil if left to breath.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Its only shrapnel the bottle picked up fighting - that's a right hard basstard wine you drank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Wine is gick.

Man up and start flooring the brandy

brandy is for sailors. man up and start swamping the black bush

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

OP, don't drink it or this will happen:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

I know posting a serious reply doesn't get any respect here but anyways

It happened before.
    Mrs May Donoghue from Scotland found something nasty in her drink way back in 1932.

She sued and won. Landmark case.
    Ended up with a law change for all of us. People haven't stopped suing each other since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Sky King wrote: »
    OP! It's sediment you peon. Fancy not recognising sediment in a bottle of wine!

Back to the gutter with you, you degenerate meth drinking pleb.

Catachrestic fail.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭niamhx

Serves ya right for drinking red, it's muck :)

Advertisement