Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS vVMS for 70-642

Options
  • 28-02-2012 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

Guys

just passed the 70-640 exam and found it more hard because i only get access to the labs for only 4 hours a week in class. but that means i can only really do each lab once maybe twice and to me thats not enough practice. I just passed teh 640 exam and it was more difficult because i dfidnt have the VMS to practice on

does anyone know if MS provide access to the labs online or if they are downloadable legally, the course code is 6421B. basically theres a bunch of VMS that need to be run, now i can simply build some 2008 server VMs but they wont be configured as they are in the lab book so it kind of defeats the purpose. also teh tuto cant give us copies, they're not allowed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

I'm currently studying for the 70-640 exam and have had to set up several Windows Server 2008 VMs on their own Virtual Network to do the practice lessons at home. I was given copies of Microsoft Self-Paced Training Kit, for both 70-640 & 70-642. They give you step by step instructions on how to set up the servers for the various excercises.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

the 6421B courseware book doesnt give you anything like that. its a book for classroom based training not selfpaced training, so the VMs are created on teh PC when you begin by the instructor. just thought MS might have given students access online or something coz doing each lab only once and moving on isnt really enough to know the material if you know what i mean.

Advertisement