Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caught Heroin junkies injecting on my balcony in Dublin

Options
  • 28-02-2012 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭

So I live in town in a ground floor apt with a stupid balcony facing a laneway. Yesterday I got home and saw two guys cooking and injecting Heroin on my balcony. empty gear bags and citrus powder left there. and spit. they got up apologised and left when I went over to the window. Didn't bother call hte guards as I know they can't do anything.

What can I do to prevent this again? apart from moving out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

At least they were polite to you.
    If you live in city centre at ground floor level near a laneway you are bound to get some anti-social behaviour.
    I lived near croke park for a while & the amount of gaa heads p*ssing & worse in the front garden used annoy me on match Sundays. Thems the breaks tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

zef wrote: »
    At least they were polite to you.
    If you live in city centre at ground floor level near a laneway you are bound to get some anti-social behaviour.
    I lived near croke park for a while & the amount of gaa heads p*ssing & worse in the front garden used annoy me on match Sundays. Thems the breaks tho.

Did you get free tickets though? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

lima wrote: »
    apart from moving out?

I'd be moving out anyway. Sounds like you are guaranteed a burglary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Nope! Not a massive gaaaaa fan anyways.
    I liked living there (rented garden flat) but ppl going to the toilet (no 1 's & 2's!) or drinking in the garden used really bug me - plus the abuse i'd get for telling them to get outta the garden while doing their business was shocking!
    Have you been living there long? Is it an isolated incident?

zef wrote: »
    Nope! Not a massive gaaaaa fan anyways.
    I liked living there (rented garden flat) but ppl going to the toilet (no 1 's & 2's!) or drinking in the garden used really bug me - plus the abuse i'd get for telling them to get outta the garden while doing their business was shocking!
    Have you been living there long? Is it an isolated incident?

I've only been there 4 weeks, the neighbour next door said someone was in hre balcony the other week too but that was first time in 2 years. They had Limerick accents so maybe it's the same junkies coming down and using this lane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Oh far up from the ground is your balcony? Maybe some anti-climb paint may of of use to you?

the_syco wrote: »
    Oh far up from the ground is your balcony? Maybe some anti-climb paint may of of use to you?

It's about 6ft from the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Penguino

Could you install a fluorescent blue light? There are used in toilets around the city as it prevents junkies from seeing their veins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Inform the gardai anyway and get the trespass recorded on the system

They won't do anything about it now but if the boyos keep coming back, well then the gardai have multiple reports on their system and they'll move on it

If you don't report it then they reckon there are no issues and so don't bother to send around patrols

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I can't see anti-climb paints stopping a junkie out for a fix. I'd suggest that the balcony height has to be increased or some method of removing any intermediate footholds. Its something you need to discuss with your landlord - but don't let him fob you off.

Be wary of fitting a wicker screen or similar as it would merely reduce the level of supervision on the balcony.
    Penguino wrote: »
    Could you install a fluorescent blue light? There are used in toilets around the city as it prevents junkies from seeing their veins
    Not much use outdoors.

• Advertisement
Advertisement