Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

incident on St Cronan's Ave, Swords

Options
  • 28-02-2012 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knew why the guards had the top of St Cronan's Ave closed off this morning? I think it was mentioned on the radio that is was a vehicle collision but if it was it seems odd that the road itself would of been closed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Just wondering if anyone knew why the guards had the top of St Cronan's Ave closed off this morning? I think it was mentioned on the radio that is was a vehicle collision but if it was it seems odd that the road itself would of been closed?

If it was a major collision then it product closed for crash scene investigation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 liam9k

a romanian national coming home from work at keelings on a SKATEBOARD was hit by a car which reportledly failed to stop after the accident,iv heard the man died,nothing in the media about it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

That's a poor state of affairs. Sorry to hear that - my condolences to his family.
    TBH - the CAPS would have been better suited to "FAILED TO STOP" rather than "skateboard".

tHB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Sad news, Keelings seem to have dreadful luck with employees going to and from work. 3rd death of one of their foreign national workers that I know of in the last 10 years.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I was driving through Swords main st. this morning and thought traffic was heavier than usual (this was at 7:15am)

Then I heard the announcement on the traffic reports, and thought it was unusual.

RIP to the poor victim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

RIP, poor chap, hope they get the f**ker that did it......

supposed to have happend at 4.30 am,still dark,i didnt hear how the crash happend but u havent much hope of surviving been hit on a skateboard even with a helmet,iv seen some near misses on that road recently,its a very busy road in the morning.hopefully the driver will come forward but somehow i doubt it.my condolences also to the mans family and fellow workers in keelings

heard the driver called in to the cops later that day and she told them she had a sick child in the car and couldnt stop,dont take that story as gospel as there are a few going around

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭reservoirdubdub

this is from this weeks fingal independent

http://www.fingal-independent.ie/news/skateboarder-knocked-down-by-car-3040199.html

A SKATEBOARDER has been seriously injured after being knocked down by a car in the small hours of last Tuesday morning. A 26-year-old Swords man was knocked from his skateboard at 4.30am by a car that initially drove away from the scene, but later the female driver of the vehicle made herself known to gardaí in Swords. The Swords man injured in the collision was taken to Beaumont Hospital where he was treated for a broken jaw and head trauma.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Please note you must apply these guidelines when quoting from a newspaper article. I have now added the required link in this case.

Thanks

Beasty

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Beasty wrote: »
    Please note you must apply these guidelines when quoting from a newspaper article. I have now added the required link in this case.

Thanks

Beasty

That still has some loopholes, when can we in this forum expect more details?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

That still has some loopholes, when can we in this forum expect more details?
    When the powers that be have reached their conclusions there will be further announcements that will be relevant across the site and not just to specific forums.

At this stage the only guidance we have is as per Dav's post, and there's nothing further we can discuss at this time. If you have a specific question regarding application of these guidelines please PM either me or the Hill Billy

Advertisement