Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tickets needed for Munster V Leinster? Any Help appreciated

• 28-02-2012 11:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭

Folks,
    I've got a bit of a dilemma :(
    I have some family home at the end of March for the 1st time in years and they are after asking if they can come to Thomond Park with myself and the rest of the family for the Munster v Leinster match on the 31st.
    Now as I already have a family pack season ticket(x4) I thought the ticket office in Thomond park would be the best place to get 2 more tickets for the North Terrace(Ballynanty end) but alas no :(

So my question to the good folks of the Limerick forum, is this!
    Does anyone have 2 North Terrace tickets?
    Or know where I can lay my hands on some?
    Thanks in advance folks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

This game is always treated like a HC came. Tickets don't usually go on general sale. Do you know anyone involved in club rugby? They clubs will have an allocation.
    Another alternative would be go over to munsterfans.com. They usually run a ticket request thread where people offload spares.
    As a last resort there are usually people with spares (face value not touts) outside the ground on match day.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Cookiemunster summed up the best options available to you there, another option is to go to toutless.com and see if anyone is selling any there. The Leinster game each year is usually in the top 3 in regards to ticket demands, usually higher demand that some HEC games, but saying that I'd be surprised if you couldn't pick up a ticket outside the ground before the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

phog, a user that sometimes posts around these parts might be able to help source you some tickets, he likes his munster rugby! :)

i'd have loved to go see leinster play meself! :p :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Up to last week you could buy Cardiff, Leinster and ulster package for 50euro terrace. I would think tickets are still available if that's the case.

Edit: just realised you want them specifically in the north terrace. Munsterfans.com is probably your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Typically there are some tickets returned from the Leinster branch so keep looking on the MRSC site. Also do you know anyone who is a member of the Leinster supporters club as I think they can buy something like 8 tickets each and they normally have North Terrace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Thanks for the advice folks...
    I've got a few irons in the fire regarding hopefully getting 2 via a club but I want to be certain if I can be that I can have them sorted ;)

I thought I was well covered this year with having 4! haha
    Families ;) who'd have 'em :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

xsiborg wrote: »
    phog, a user that sometimes posts around these parts might be able to help source you some tickets, he likes his munster rugby! :)

i'd have loved to go see leinster play meself! :p :(

Unfortunately not, I'd imagine they'd be like hens teeth.

As mentioned above the 3 match ticket or munsterfans.com might be an option. You could also try the tickets thread over on the rugby forum here on boards.ie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

Brian,

The Munsterrugby Ticket exchange is open a week before the match, typically this is flooded with tickets by people who cant go and you can buy and sell tickets on there.

Have a look on that through the supporters club.

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/fans/ticket_exchange.php

Advertisement