Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very Short-term Nanny?

Options
  • 28-02-2012 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

HI, we are looking for some very short term nanny/childcare help in our own home- 8 days worth from March 12 to 19 inclusive. Generally we have an au pair living in the house with us here in Waterford City, and that is fine as I work from home and can assist as needed, but our most recent one has left, and we have not found a replacement. Now I (the father) am leaving town for that week on business, and need somebody with a bit of experience to help my wife out with the 2 boys (5 & 7) while I am gone.
    We have been looking at professional nanny services/agencies, but they all seem to be based in Dublin, and have not had any luck with that time frame. We have advertised for local help before, but have not had the best of luck, and we can not risk having somebody not able for the job while I am gone, as my wife suffers from chronic back and hip pain, and can not take care of the children without help.
    So, does anybody know where we can find a qualified child minder to work in our home for that week? Somebody with experience and references rather than just somebody off the street? An agency that can provide contracted work? Mostly afternoon hours, but a bit in the morning as well. Live-in or -out depending on circumstances.
    Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

HI, we are looking for some very short term nanny/childcare help in our own home- 8 days worth from March 12 to 19 inclusive. Generally we have an au pair living in the house with us here in Waterford City, and that is fine as I work from home and can assist as needed, but our most recent one has left, and we have not found a replacement. Now I (the father) am leaving town for that week on business, and need somebody with a bit of experience to help my wife out with the 2 boys (5 & 7) while I am gone.
    We have been looking at professional nanny services/agencies, but they all seem to be based in Dublin, and have not had any luck with that time frame. We have advertised for local help before, but have not had the best of luck, and we can not risk having somebody not able for the job while I am gone, as my wife suffers from chronic back and hip pain, and can not take care of the children without help.
    So, does anybody know where we can find a qualified child minder to work in our home for that week? Somebody with experience and references rather than just somebody off the street? An agency that can provide contracted work? Mostly afternoon hours, but a bit in the morning as well. Live-in or -out depending on circumstances.
    Thank you for your time.
    Maybe talk to WIT they might have someone suitable on the later years of a childcare course.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Give Niall in Childminders Kildare St. a ring. He does temporary short term nannys. He and his wife have been in the business for years. I used to work for him so can vouch for him!! :)

They have temp live-in people too so might be able to help you out.

Advertisement