Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kayano 18's

• 28-02-2012 11:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    Just wondering how people are finding the Kayano 18's , I/'ve read they sit lower on the heel by a couple of mm and appear to be a lighter shoe. Will be picking up a new pair in the next few days and not sure if i'll go for the 18 or the 17.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

OP, I haven't gotten a pair of the 18s yet, but the 17s were an absolutely fantastic shoe. I stocked up on them and just started with my last pair a couple of weeks back. I've been wearing Kayanos for 6 years and the 17s were a huge improvement on the 16s which I found heavy and clunky. I also got over 800 miles out of my first pair of 17s, more than I'd ever gotten out of a pair of shoes and I'd say they're probably still good for more.

If you can get a cheaper pair of 17s, I'd go with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

The 17's are available in the outlet shop in Kildare village for €105 if thats any use to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

pistol_75 wrote: »
    The 17's are available in the outlet shop in Kildare village for €105 if thats any use to you.
    Do you know what size they had there?
    I seen they had 16's for €70 also must give them a call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

shels4ever wrote: »
    I seen they had 16's for €70 also must give them a call.

Seen yourself or from my post yesterday ? As I said later, I can't remember what version they bloody were so a phone call could save you a wasted journey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Seen yourself or from my post yesterday ? As I said later, I can't remember what version they bloody were so a phone call could save you a wasted journey.

Just from here,
    I'll give them a buzz i think
    http://www.kildarevillage.com/en/offers/brand-offers/asics

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Cheers. I know they at least had them in size 7 anyway as they're my size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭jfh

find the 18s great. way lighter than the old ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

Wife got the 18 s in us for me in november, have put about 300/400 k on them and they have destroyed me . Got on ok with the 17s but have had to switch to Nike for abit of cushioning but I would imagine everyone is different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Checked them out in Elverys today because they have 26.2% off all Asics shoes. I seem to have some awkward sizing issues - toebox is uncomfortably narrow on the 7 (and I don't have wide feet), and on the 7.5 I can either choose heel slippage or tightness across the front... Not a happy camper, have been in the 17s for a year and have had 3 pairs with very little in the way of injury problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

On sale now in Elverys for 114 euro with 26.2% discount.
    Lifestyle have a similar price but you need to trade in an old pair of runners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

if anyone is interested you can get the 18's of elverys atm for 100 euro and this code will give ya 15% off 15OFFMETEORELV. Just bought them myself and got them for 85 euro so the code works. Hope this helps someone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

I got a pair of the 18's last month, and I'm finding them great. Loved the 15's, hated the 16's, then went for a completely different shoe, mizuno wave inspire, but I found they went flat very quickly. So took another chance on the kayanos, and find them really light but have plenty of cushioning.

Cheers to m.j.w for the code, think I'll get another pair to see me through Waterford & Dublin marathon training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

m.j.w wrote: »
    if anyone is interested you can get the 18's of elverys atm for 100 euro and this code will give ya 15% off 15OFFMETEORELV. Just bought them myself and got them for 85 euro so the code works. Hope this helps someone

Cheers mjw. I found a Gift card my brother-in-law gave me before he went to Oz with 20 quid on it, so new Kayanos in the post to me for only 65 quid!!! That's my all-time record low on about my 20th pair. Thanks for the link.

Advertisement