Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Tullyvale

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

fjon wrote: »
    Typical - I live here for 4 years, and the week before I move out we get Fibre. I ran the checker and it's enabled (West).
    One of the first things I checked when looking at a new place was what broadband they had - I would hate to be in another situation like this for the next few years.

It'll be the first thing I check when I move to a new place. I didnt think to ask when moving here. Being next to the Luas I assumed we'd have some form of cable system available. We were moving from Athlone which had Fibre there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

syklops wrote: »
    It'll be the first thing I check when I move to a new place. I didnt think to ask when moving here. Being next to the Luas I assumed we'd have some form of cable system available. We were moving from Athlone which had Fibre there.

Same here - I've always had UPC. Couldn't imagine this area wouldn't have decent broadband.
    Moving to an area that has it now, so will be getting the medium 120MBps package - 30 times faster than what I have now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 brenosullivan

Good golly.. After god knows how many years of battling with Eircom, and posting on this board, I've finally managed to place an order for e-Fibre. Installation on the 24th of April. Granted I'm probably moving home in the next year, but hey, it's a matter of principal now getting the frigging thing into the apartment.
    I'll let ye know how I go.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Rosco II

yeah do, Sky say that they have to get word from eircom when its available but with their track record I wouldn't rely on it.

FYI, sky have a deal on 30 euro BB for 6 months if you have your tv with them. Got a nice new router off them too and will be upgraded to fibre for free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Available to order from Eircom from 15th, I got an installation date of Fri 24th April

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 g0nzo

Available to order from Eircom from 15th, I got an installation date of Fri 24th April

The guy from the Eircom sales hotline told me I'd have to wait til the 15th to get an installation date. He could not set up an appointment now, because he cannot place an order before the 15th.

How did you get a installation date already? Did you order online or via phone? After waiting so long obviously I want to get the fast line asap ^^

Hi Gonzo, online. How reliable that date turns out to be..... we'll see

FYI, I rang Sky April 15th about ordering fibre, will be installed Monday next week. So it well and truly is here. Enjoy!

Rosco II wrote: »
    FYI, I rang Sky April 15th about ordering fibre, will be installed Monday next week. So it well and truly is here. Enjoy!

ordered it after me, gets it before :mad::mad::mad:

:pac:

Appointment for installation confirmed for Tuesday afternoon. :D

• Advertisement

Just curious, is everyone still Eircom or have people jumped ship

Just curious, is everyone still Eircom or have people jumped ship

Im with DigiWeb.

Anyone has it yet?
    I would like to see some speedtest results :D

Sky were here, they fitted the new fibre socket but said it might take a few days for speed to increase. Said that Eircom still need to flip the fibre switch. Im confused, I though this was already done!

g0nzo wrote: »
    Anyone has it yet?
    I would like to see some speedtest results :D

Currently synced at 102.2Mbit/second Down, 20.5Mbits/second Up.

Well.. after 7 years in the area... I finally managed to get a decent internet connection in Tullyvale. e-Fibre is in with max speeds so far of 90MB down, and 20MB up.. Big improvement from 3MB down and 46K up!!!
    I've now got a 2012 standard internet connection! ;)

Well.. after 7 years in the area... I finally managed to get a decent internet connection in Tullyvale. e-Fibre is in with max speeds so far of 90MB down, and 20MB up.. Big improvement from 3MB down and 46K up!!!
    I've now got a 2012 standard internet connection! ;)

7 years?

In other news, for anyone selling their appartment, the value should go up a bit now.

7 years?

In other news, for anyone selling their appartment, the value should go up a bit now.

Yup.. bought off plans and stuck thanks to buying at exactly the wrong time!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭seagizmo

Was there a right time. In the same boat by the way. Looking to shift it but no dice.

Ah it's not a bad place to live. Good spot to have a rental property or if you're a frist time buyer, but after 7 friggin years you want to move up in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭seagizmo

Ah it's not a bad place to live. Good spot to have a rental property or if you're a frist time buyer, but after 7 friggin years you want to move up in the world.

Absolutely agree, I'm there since 2005. So handy since the Luas was finished and now with fast broadband :D:D:D:D

seagizmo wrote: »
    Was there a right time. In the same boat by the way. Looking to shift it but no dice.

Remember to add fibre broadband as one of the amenities in your property listing.

I'm here 14 months and already getting itchy feet. Such a pity there are so few local amenities. I can't imagine living here without the luas.

Currently synced at 102.2Mbit/second Down, 20.5Mbits/second Up.
    Quite a bit faster than me. (76 down, 16 up) I have TV package dunno if they are reserving bandwidth for that.
    The 6 ms ping is nice too, have to say way better than the 46ms it used to be!

Quite a bit faster than me. (76 down, 16 up) I have TV package dunno if they are reserving bandwidth for that.
    The 6 ms ping is nice too, have to say way better than the 46ms it used to be!

Which provider are you with?

Have to say I love living there (renting). Been there 3 years and paying well below the standard rate for the 3 bed corner apartments!
    Whats not to love? Gym adjacent (ben dunne), sea 5 mins away! M50 on the door step, Luas on the doorstep, Tesco 5 min away, lovely park area at base of hill. Bit biased as Im from Shankill so my life is based around the area.
    Unfortunately its getting harder and harder to save for a house while paying rent so may have to move in with the missus folks for a year and they DEFINITELY don't have fibre haha

back on topic, getting 95mb down, 11ms ping ( most importantly) and 20mb up. With sky, bloody delighted! Downloaded a 25GB game off Steam in 30 min!

Have to say I love living there (renting). Been there 3 years and paying well below the standard rate for the 3 bed corner apartments!
    Whats not to love? Gym adjacent (ben dunne), sea 5 mins away! M50 on the door step, Luas on the doorstep, Tesco 5 min away, lovely park area at base of hill. Bit biased as Im from Shankill so my life is based around the area.
    Unfortunately its getting harder and harder to save for a house while paying rent so may have to move in with the missus folks for a year and they DEFINITELY don't have fibre haha

back on topic, getting 95mb down, 11ms ping ( most importantly) and 20mb up. With sky, bloody delighted! Downloaded a 25GB game off Steam in 30 min!

I'm assuming you have a car. If you have a car I imagine its a great place. Easy access to the M50, underground parking with a lift straight up to your apartment.

If you don't have a car it sucks because everything is just a little bit too far away.

I'm getting 102Mbit in the Oval now too directly from Eircom. Super happy with the new connection.

wohooo

• Registered Users Posts: 10 kevinirl

Hi Folks ... I am looking to buy in Tullyvale ...
    Could you help answer queries

1. What are the heating bills for a 2 bed here. I heard that Gas heating system is not that greatest.
    2. Has anyone upgraded the GAS heating ?
    3. How is the general Building Structure ?
    4. Anything else to consider ?

Thx
    Kevin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,587 ✭✭✭✭ted1

kevinirl wrote: »
    Hi Folks ... I am looking to buy in Tullyvale ...
    Could you help answer queries

1. What are the heating bills for a 2 bed here. I heard that Gas heating system is not that greatest.
    2. Has anyone upgraded the GAS heating ?
    3. How is the general Building Structure ?
    4. Anything else to consider ?

Thx
    Kevin

My sister in law got a new boiler fitted.
    Building structures seems to be good. I know several people living there and no complaints.
    As with most places parking is an issue.
    There’s a huge development going next door so if you can put up with a few years of building there’ll be loads of extra facilities and shops.

• Advertisement
Advertisement