Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eating in ballina

Options
  • 28-02-2012 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

could u recommend good eating places in ballina any kind of food is fine

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

For carvery afternoon dinners the Broken jug or Merry Monk They also do evening meals. . The Junction does fast food plus wraps, paninis and dinners. Nice evening meals Brennans lane, Market kitchen and Jordans. Chinese food The Lantern and love lees are two excellent spots. The loft Pub for great soup and sandwiches. To be honest there is loads of eating places in Ballina and they are all good you wont go too far wrong in any. Heffernans deserves a mention for lunches too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

Daisy M wrote: »
    For carvery afternoon dinners the Broken jug or Merry Monk They also do evening meals. . The Junction does fast food plus wraps, paninis and dinners. Nice evening meals Brennans lane, Market kitchen and Jordans. Chinese food The Lantern and love lees are two excellent spots. The loft Pub for great soup and sandwiches. To be honest there is loads of eating places in Ballina and they are all good you wont go too far wrong in any. Heffernans deserves a mention for lunches too.

if its fancy you are after, you can always try the Ice House or Belleek castle.

Ballina is great for food when you compare it to Castlebar or even Westport to a certain extent.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

thekooman wrote: »
    Ballina is great for food when you compare it to Castlebar or even Westport to a certain extent.
    o O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

oscarBravo wrote: »
    o O
    Ha ha dont take offence westport comes off much better off in most comparrisments between the two towns. But with the high unemployment in Ballina what else is there to do but eat!! In fairness I dont think I have ever seen a town similar size to Ballina with such an excellent variety of restaurants and cafes.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭qrrgprgua

Best place I have found in Ballina is Market Kitchen then Ice house. Merry munk, juction, not great, hit and miss. Belleek castles is great for their drunken bullock menu, its a whole show and to be honest great meal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Market Kitchen is probably top of the list for me, bar food served downstairs is excellant as well. This is the only place in town that, IMO, is consistant in their quality - there is plenty of hit and miss with a lot of places around town.

Advertisement