Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help....I wanna get Him a really nice gift

• 28-02-2012 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

So....married three years......I believe the relevant traditional gift is Leather...........and with it being so close after Christmas and given his birthday is in January, I am all out if ideas as to what to get himconfused.gif And he really deserves something nicesmile.gif cos he's lovelysmile.gifsmile.gif

Now in the past I've got him a wallet/leather bound desk diary/ couple of really nice belts/Leatherman and gloves so I'm looking for fresh ideas...on a budget, €50 or sofrown.gif

Any ideas?
    P2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Take him out to dinner, book a restaurant have a nice meal on you and have a nice time afterwards when you get home ;)

I did that for my fella on our 3rd wedding anniversary last year....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

Take him out to dinner, book a restaurant have a nice meal on you and have a nice time afterwards when you get home ;)

I did that for my fella on our 3rd wedding anniversary last year....

That's all a given......but, I really wanted to get him a gift...he likes them, very in touch with his feminine side and that's why he's lovely......all man but very thoughtful and never forgets anything...I just know he's already revving up the girls (his step-daughter's, they adore him) to do something special on Mother's Day!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Does he like sport? Can you get hold of rugby tickets or other tickets.

A swiss army knife, a silver pen, does he fish or play golf? does he work in an office perhaps a briefcase. What about an adventure day ( rock climbing, canoeing, caving, clay pigeon shooting) or maybe one of those off road driving experiences.

Go karting, great fun...

My husband got me a paintball game for 4, in the end 12 of us went, it was wicked fun.

Mothers day for me consists of a conformation meal I'm paying for.. Also happens yo be my mother in-laws birthday too. Kill 3 birds with one stone...

Swiss Army knife check :( It's the same as a Leatherman and he has one of those too!! Rugby ticket's impossible and I fear too expensive, I lost my job last April and it's all on him at the moment:(

No fishing, no golf...and I got him a pilot's case for Xmas...he uses it at work, for carrying documents, he's not a pilot except when he's sending me into orbit!!;)

Thinking about the 'experience' gifts though...he loves that Jeremy Clarkson but, his b-in-law got one once and he laughed and said it held no interest for him.......really going with something to wrap I think.....but thanks so much for the suggestion's :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Any ideas in here for you?

http://www.aspinaloflondon.com/eshop-catalogue/mens-collection/mens-gifts-under-50100

Aspinal are good but pricey, might be something there that you like but if you went on to Ebay, you might get something similar cheaper.

Or whay about a nice leather travel bag?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Unisex-Leather-Multi-Zip-Travel-Holiday-Holdall-Bag-Black-Brown-/250955151435?pt=Men_s_Accessories_UK&var=&hash=item8012b6e2f5

• Advertisement

boobar wrote: »
    Any ideas in here for you?

http://www.aspinaloflondon.com/eshop-catalogue/mens-collection/mens-gifts-under-50100

Aspinal are good but pricey, might be something there that you like but if you went on to Ebay, you might get something similar cheaper.

Or whay about a nice leather travel bag?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Unisex-Leather-Multi-Zip-Travel-Holiday-Holdall-Bag-Black-Brown-/250955151435?pt=Men_s_Accessories_UK&var=&hash=item8012b6e2f5

Nice ideas and going with the double memo leather wallet, even at Aspinal I could manage it!!(I like the travel bag too but got him one 2 years ago and leather looks fab when it has been used a bit, imo).......I'm sure I can actually do better on the price too!!! Will shop around, I've got a couple of weeks. I'm of the age group that still go to shops:):o Never got the hang of the e-bay thing, he does all that, and I can't of course ask him to do it on this occasion!! He will really like the leather double memo and USE it!! You are a star :D:D:D

Advertisement