Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build Advice...

Options
  • 28-02-2012 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭

1. What is your budget? €1000 +/-

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Video editing/3D Modelling/HTPC/Internet] General Office work, basic photo/video editing

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Hard drive/DVD Drive/Case/PSU/etc.] No

5. Do you need a monitor? Yes

5a. If yes, what size do you need. 27", was looking at this one
    http://www.adverts.ie/peripherals/27-2560-x-1440-led-monitor-display/1337437

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Card reader, speakers

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser] Any of these

9. When are you purchasing? Next 7 days

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? No Help needed

To add to that list, I need an SSD drive.. Been using them for 2yrs now and can't go back... 120gb or so will do with a std 1TB drive for storage.

I'm using a 27" iMac at the mo. I just use windows on it so have no need for it. I'd like something the same speed or faster, display has to be the same, 27" 2560x1440 res. I'm too used to it now and it saves me using two monitors...

Overall I'm looking for a simple and basic machine, no flashy lights etc. Has to be quite. I've no problem building the PC, spent many a year building them.. Was even featured in Custom Pc in my heyday... Memories...... I'm out of the loop now tho, been using Dells and Apples for the last 4/5yrs...

Comments

Advertisement