Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-Payment meter

Options
  • 28-02-2012 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭

Hi, how do I go about getting a pre-payment meter fitted? The bills are getting more difficult to pay and I don't want to go into arrears ;-(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi CGarrad,

Generally, a pay-as-you-go meter is a facility for those who are already in arrears. Eligibility for it is dependent on certain factors, such as: whether the property is a house or apartment, and whether the existing meter is standard or dual tariff.

Customers interested in having one installed can apply, and their eligibility will then be assessed.

If you like, we can have a look at your account by private message.

We would require:

- The Electric Ireland account number
    - Your full name
    - The address/telephone number/date of birth on the account
    - Confirmation that you are the named account-holder

If you send a group message to myself and Electric Ireland: Orla. :)

Just to advise also: if a customer is not eligible for a pay-as-you-go meter, there are ways to pay instalments off in advance of a bill - e.g. by debit card on the Electric Ireland website or by Easypay card. More info here.

Regards,
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi CGarrad,

Can you send me the private message that you sent to Orla? :)

Thanks and regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Unfortunately I'm not in arrears yet.

Sounds silly but that's the only way to get one seemingly ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi cgarrad,

The determination of customer eligibility for a PAYG meter is governed by the Commission for Energy Regulation's (CER) decisions and directions.
    cgarrad wrote:
    Unfortunately I'm not in arrears yet.

That's the first time I've heard that said by a customer! :);)

If you have any other questions we'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement