Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying To Get Out Of My Contract - PLEASE HELP!!

Options
  • 28-02-2012 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

So i'm with 02 bill pay and i'v realised im getting a crap deal that i cant afford and am trying to look for a way out of it. I've heard that if there's a change in terms and conditions you can get out of a contract for free without penalty according to EU regulation 17.

Does anyone know if there's been any changes to 02's terms and conditions recently?

Thanks for your help :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Yes, but the time frame for exiting the service has expired.

How long have you left on contract? Perhaps you could buy yourself out?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

No the last change was over a year ago as far as I remember. Unless you are having service issues there really is no way of getting out of contract.

Buying yourself out of contract would be a crazy thing to as this was suggested by previous poster considering your issue is affordability
    So i'm with 02 bill pay and i'v realised im getting a crap deal that i cant afford and am trying to look for a way out of it. I've heard that if there's a change in terms and conditions you can get out of a contract for free without penalty according to EU regulation 17.

Does anyone know if there's been any changes to 02's terms and conditions recently?

Thanks for your help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

You can monitor the notifications section here on the O2 site:
    http://www.o2online.ie/o2/legal/other-services/index.php?cid=81#notifications

Advertisement