Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What would you do with 50k worth of ink?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

Even if his printer was going 24/7 for 2 years it still wouldn't amount to that cost.

Gonna have to say it's ending up as a brown envelope somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

How on earth does one INK cartridge cost 128 Euro ??
    You could buy two printers with ink for that price these days. And I presume they buy wholesale...There's probably a bigger crime in there somewhere.

Office printer ink cartridges are much bigger than what you use in home printers. They can be the size of a laptop.

Which is course means he printed off a lot more than most people initially thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Office printer ink cartridges are much bigger than what you use in home printers. They can be the size of a laptop.

Which is course means he printed off a lot more than most people initially thought.

Are you telling me each TD has industrial Size office printers ? I think not.
    Mind you in this country you're probably right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Are you telling me each TD has industrial Size office printers ? I think not.
    Mind you in this country you're probably right.

No, a common office laser jet type printer can use fairly large sized toner cartridges, and they are quite expensive.

However, to use that amount meant he was either paying over the odds, or literally had the printers running 24/7 to use up all that ink - would have been cheaper to sent the documents it to a commercial printer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Gross inkompetence, allowing TDs to wolf the toner.

They should have x-ray scanners and baggage checkers in gubberment buildings.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 about 3 fity

id paint the town red!!

probably paint the neighbouring town yellow, and the next one blue

id paint a load of windows in a housing estate black, people will wake up in the morning and then BOOM.....WTF????

:oi'll get my coat:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭mountain

patwicklow wrote: »
    3.5 million sheets/500 sheets per ream = 7000 reams @ 2.5KG (assuming 80gms weight) = 17.5 tonnes of paper! Is that right?

you got it,

or close on a 40 foot shipping container.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Gross inkompetence, allowing TDs to wolf the toner.

They should have x-ray scanners and baggage checkers in gubberment buildings.

Very good!
    I see what you were doing there! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

Did poor auld, Mary Lou, get any ink?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Sonic the Large Cock

if I won that much free ink id dye ba boom tishhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Print all of boards as a hard copy backup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

Piss in it so it eventually becomes twice the amount of liquid and sell it for 100K.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Seeing that Biffo has no free dail bar any more maybe give him some ink to drink:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I hear he likes to cover himself in it and then prowl through the night fighting crime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭BigBrownBear

I'd print hundreds of high quality, heavily air brushed laminated posters of meself.
    I'd stick one on every lampost on way to work and drive in every morning thinking........'looking good!!!!:D:D

I'd print hundreds of high quality, heavily air brushed laminated posters of meself.
    I'd stick one on every lampost on way to work and drive in every morning thinking........'looking good!!!!:D:D

Is that you craic doyle??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

I'd print my own money, unless I was a dhinner in which case I wouldn't need to because I'd just use all those lovely Northern Bank ones!:D
    Jezus its great to see the shinners caught with their hand in the public till!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Bock the Robber

So is Aengus the political wing of Kila?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

When i heard that spent cartridges were found in the back of a Sin Feiners car I thought about something else entirely.
    Was it Wolfe Toner?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Sinn Fein...The Tree Killing Party....ffs have they not heard of email???:mad:

Tora Bora wrote: »
    Did poor auld, Mary Lou, get any ink?

I believe she didn't have an inkling.

*grabs coat*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Donate it to Anglo Irish?

But wait...the Blueshirts promised them 3.1 Billion already, they might be able to afford their own ink :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Bullchomper

Blast with INK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

A local newspaper wouldn't consume that amount of Ink. :p

My guess is that he had some sort of an online toner shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Satts

patwicklow wrote: »
    Poooooooor Bertie...he could do with it for writing cheuqes

Can't write cheques if you don't have a bank account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

419194_10150600014592659_616297658_9475453_275057195_n.jpg

Listen Gaurd...If you want the poster you can have it...I'll run off another few!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Satts

However, to use that amount meant he was either paying over the odds, or literally had the printers running 24/7 to use up all that ink - would have been cheaper to sent the documents it to a commercial printer.

Cheaper for the government, didn't cost your man anything, but he would have had to pay if he sent the stuff to a commercial printer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Anyone buying or selling a cartridge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

ok...the fact they are calling them "cartridges" means the printers were inkjet strange as it may sound, I've never heard toner being called "cartridges". If that is the case it's easy to account for 50k, because that is a seriously inefficient method of printing for a TD.
    If the media are incorrect and it is a laser printer then WTF is he printing!!! Our company has 3 lasers and with toner and drum units you're looking at maybe little over 1k per year....
    I'd say most of his printing could have been outsourced to a printing company cheaper than 50k.

• Advertisement

Black out double yellow lines so I can park where I want to! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Use chemicals in the cartrages to make bombs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

who cares what he used it for, his name's enough reason to hate him - time to resign, tho he seemed snoddaigh enough about the whole thing when he was on the news. It's like the temp robbing from the stationery cupboard. "I can take whatever I like....... for free???mmmmm, must rob copious pencils, always needed 10,000 pencils". Gimp. Serious lack of class, no matter what.

Pottler wrote: »
    who cares what he used it for, his name's enough reason to hate him - time to resign, tho he seemed snoddaigh enough about the whole thing when he was on the news. It's like the temp robbing from the stationery cupboard. "I can take whatever I like....... for free???mmmmm, must rob copious pencils, always needed 10,000 pencils". Gimp. Serious lack of class, no matter what.

Yep i think so to he should resign and not let the reat of SF down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

Roll around in it on a very large canvas, call it "austerity" sell for 200,000 euro to some German art gallery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

I would have a certain buachaill from the northern part of our Island, tattooed head to toe with slogans such as: I'm Irish, I love Sinn Fein, down with the british monarchy, unionists suk, etc etc etc feel free to add similar comments

any ink left over would be used to make giant posters saying: YAYYYY when the bitch thatcher dies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Travel to the south pole and make my mark on the ice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Dymo wrote: »
    Lazer printer colour cartridges easily cost that.

Ah, so it is not all as black and white as it seems, sorry, couldn't resist!!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭toexpress

Print money :p

Black out your face and pop into the Northern Bank ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

maybe he got confused between ink and semtex

He's probably selling them on the black market! Sometimes he would get coloured ones as well, but I'm not sure where he'd sell those.. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

I thought this ad association was funny when reading an Indo article this morning. Maybe Snoddy should take advantage.

2psfxiw.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I heard he was on a panel and someone said something like, well his his father could have given him advice seeing he owns a printing business.

Babybuff wrote: »
    Roll around in it on a very large canvas, call it "austerity" sell for 200,000 euro to some German art gallery.

..why didn't you think of that a few years ago and we could be out of the recession now...:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Spoonman75

Dump every single drop of it over a certain Sean Sherlock.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

Delighted to see the issue upfront again. He must have been thanking his lucky stars that the referendum was announced - it took the spotlight off him.

What was he doing with the cartridges?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Sinn Fein's very own Brave Inka:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Delighted to see the issue upfront again. He must have been thanking his lucky stars that the referendum was announced - it took the spotlight off him.

What was he doing with the cartridges?

I thought it was remiss of Enda to announce the referendum yesterday as it certainly did take the heat off of O Snodaigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

Print on paper.

• Advertisement
Advertisement