Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What would you do with 50k worth of ink?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

I'd donate it to santa so he could write his list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭Curly Judge

I find all this very depressing.
    In a few years time we will probably find these gentlemen in power in some sort of coalition arrangement.
    Although I would never have been able to bring myself to vote for them I thought that at least they would bring some new found vigor and freshness to the political process.
    Instead I find that they will more than likely be walking around smelling as though they had a piece of week old haddock wedged between their legs.
    It looks as though it's going to take a few more generations to reach the standards of the Nordic states, to use one example. Given my age I'm unlikely to see it.
    This country does not do morality. Or fair play. Or patriotism.
    Could the crowd of muttoners sitting on Dail Standards in Public Office Commission, who so pathetically looked into the Ivor Callely pantomime, try to regain some of it's credibility by vigorously following this paper trail.
    And ,Lads and Lassies, this time try to make sure that it saves money for the state rather than costing us even more!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Sunday Times (England) reports that Joe Costello, a junior minister, requested 32,000 Christmas cards from the Oireachtas print facility last year, more than twice as many as any other TD or senator.

Apparently the order meant he was almost able to send one to everyone who voted in Dublin Central last year. About 36,612 voters cast their ballots in the general election there, out of an electorate of 56,892.

For those that have a Times account, here is the link: http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/ireland/article986480.ece

Sorry that I can't post the full article - paywall and copyright restrictions apply.

32k of cards!

WOW!

(Overall, 101 TDs and senators printed 217,020 cards last Christmas.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

patwicklow wrote: »
    Alot of ink aint it great way to claim extra expenses when in gubberment.

http://www.thejournal.ie/sinn-fein-td-defends-taking-e50000-of-dail-printer-cartridges-367908-Feb2012/

I'd snort it and see what it does for me. If your willing to buy I'm willing to try!

Advertisement