Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warsaw marathon anyone?

Options
  • 28-02-2012 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭

Have any of you ever run the Warsaw marathon? It's on this year on 30th September. From the reviews on runnersguide, it would seem to be a fairly fast course. Flights and accomodation look like good value. I'm looking for an early Autumn marathon. I'm considering Dingle but I fear I would put myself in for the Ultra so maybe better stay away from it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Have any of you ever run the Warsaw marathon? It's on this year on 30th September. From the reviews on runnersguide, it would seem to be a fairly fast course. Flights and accomodation look like good value. I'm looking for an early Autumn marathon. I'm considering Dingle but I fear I would put myself in for the Ultra so maybe better stay away from it!

I have been to Warsaw 3 times. Very flat city alright. Great road surface, very very wide streets everywhere so a great location for a marathon. Lots of the city roads are 6 lanes and 2 lanes in the middle for trams which is great. Staying there. I have slumed it in the Oki Doki hostel. Great place and really cheap, top 10 hostels in the world in one of the last 5 years. On the other scale you got the Westin that I stayed in. I got a double room for 85 Euro a night with breakfast. Now possible the best breakfast you will ever get anywhere. Its the same group of hotels as the westin on westmoreland st in dublin which is at least 3 times a price per night.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ac20

Considering this one myself now. Anyone else thought further about it? Flights cheap at moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Changed my mind from this to Budapest, which I've now booked..

Warsaw flights were more ackward - over very early on Fri or Sat morn, and not home til early Mon morning whereas Budapest has a Friday flight at 3.30pm and home 10.30pm on Sunday.

Advertisement