If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cambridge Audio MINX

Options
  • 28-02-2012 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭

Hi,

i wonder can you help,

i am interested in buying these cambridge audio minx range of speakers. i ultimately want to put in a full 7.1 solution.

i just have a few questions:

does the CA minx x300 sub you sell come in wife friendly white?

is the speakers you have the latest range from CA, what some are calling the min21 (as opposed to the min20)? now before you ask it seems the min21 is the latest version (apparently mentioned on the box)?

do you know of any other sub that works equally well with these speakers?

thanks for the help

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Fallschirmjager.

At the moment we speakers listed on our web are the Min20 and not the 21.

The Min21 has not yet been released for sale but should be arriving soon! I checked Cambridge Audio's website and no mention of release date as of yet.

Would you like me to quote for the Min20 pack?

The X300 is available in the white finish.

The Minx subs are designed to run along side the Minx speakers but you could add which ever sub you wanted. However finding a matching quality sub might be an issue.

We could supply the Monitor Audio Radius 360HD priced at £299.95
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=904&Results=true&keys=radius

Monitor Audio Radius 370HD priced at £429.95
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=905&Results=true&keys=radius

I can work out pricing if going full a full system :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

thanks Kenny, i didnt realise it was still not out, a few sites mentioned they had started to get them but i guess it not a full run yet.

i will wait in the front speakers, i might start with the subwoofer however. also i dont want to bs you, i wont have the cash to buy 7 of them outright i will have to do it in groups unfortunately.

hi Kenny,

i just checked on the x300, cant find it in white on your website. any chance you could you post a link here?

could i convince you to throw in a shielded subwoofer cable (3 m in length) as a freebie, (the one i have is not long enough for where i want to place it)

thanks for the help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there,

It's on our English website:

http://www.froogle.richersounds.com/product/subwoofers/cambridge-audio/minx-x300/camb-minx-x300-whi

I'm sure we could sort you something. :)

Chris

Dave

now have the subwoofer going about a month...honestly getting better by the day. i would estimate it really took a week or so to settle in but the sound of this sub is quite honestly amazing.

thanks for all the help and ordering...mucho appreciated.

also i will be back in a week or so to start the 7 part of the 7.1.

is the newer minx s21 (replacement for the minx s20) now available and in white?

• Advertisement

Hi Fall,

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. The whole pack is fantastic.

Still no word yet on the 21s as of yet. Nothing even on CAs website. Hopefully wont be much longer.

Chris

gentlemen,

any news on the minx s21's (in white)? have they hit the shelves yet?

thanks

gentlemen,

any news on the minx s21's (in white)? have they hit the shelves yet?

thanks

Hi Fall,

They have indeed. :D

Available at the moment for £99.95 each. :)

http://www.richersounds.com/product/bookshelf-speakers/cambridge-audio/minx-min21/camb-minx-min21-whi

Looks like the warehouse have them in stock ok.

Chris

Praise the Lord!!! who would have thunk it...

Dave,

any chance you could cut me a deal on 3 of them in white?

i am going to do the fronts first and work my way thru the other 4.

thanks

tom

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Praise the Lord!!! who would have thunk it...

Dave,

any chance you could cut me a deal on 3 of them in white?

i am going to do the fronts first and work my way thru the other 4.

thanks

tom

Tom,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - yep 3 of the Minx S21's I can do at £270 including delivery - or else could I tempt you with 2 of the white ex-display Minx Min20 at £59.95 each and a brand new one at £64.95 :confused: - ie a total of £184.95

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

j

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

hey John,

yep i will call monday on the 3 fronts and thanks for the deal, it is greatly appreciated.

on the rears, i am a desperate snob on speakers so i am looking for s21's all around. thanks for the offer tho.

tom

hey John,

yep i will call monday on the 3 fronts and thanks for the deal, it is greatly appreciated.

on the rears, i am a desperate snob on speakers so i am looking for s21's all around. thanks for the offer tho.

tom

Hi Tom.

Did you manage to get sorted with the speakers yet?

If not, if you drop me a PM with your contact number I can give you a buzz :)

gentlemen,

would you happen to have 4 more in white (the s21)? whats the best price you could do on it.

also as an aside, did you hear of any upcoming 1080p passive 3d projectors?

Hi there.

Obviously the wife loves the speakers !

The Minx 21 would be £268 for the 3 including delivery seeing as you have already bought the other kit.

I would need to get a few more of these in for you as I only have black at the moment.

We haven't heard any news of any cost effective passive projectors on the horizon.

It seems like they are focusing on active more so than passive for the home market.

Keep us posted if you would like to go for these.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

yep i will give you a call today if that okay. if they are not in stock at the moment, no problem.

really great speakers by the way.

and thanks for the projector info.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.