Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advertising agency recommendation

Options
  • 28-02-2012 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

I want an agency that can handle print, tv and internet advertising. can someone suggest one that is efficient and not the most expensive to deal with( i do realise that there is a sizeable investment to be made)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I've been out of the advertising game for years but IAPI is the trade association and only members should receive commission from media owners. A list of members is here http://iapi.ie/index.php?s=membership A quick look through shows a lot of big international players with a few Irish-owned agencies.

Before you talk to any of them make sure you know exactly what you want and how much your annual budget will be. Choose at least three and ask them to pitch. If you have any sort of decent budget they should be falling all over you to win your business. The traditional ad agency is suffering big time at the moment.

Be prepared to meet the best sales people on the planet. These guys sell dreams and they can be exceptionally charming. They will wine and dine you like no other industry - that used to be the case anyways.

Congratulations on getting to this stage of your business. You're right, it won't be cheap and at least 50% of everything you spend will be wasted but the results can be impressive.

Good luck to you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

..and tell them you want some of the commission they get from the media owners- don't go down the '15%' route - they earn on what you spend.

Try an fixed fee

Advertisement