Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom automated phone calls

Options
  • 28-02-2012 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

I have received 4 phonecalls from Eircom today, on the hour, every hour, when i answered the last call, it was an automated message telling me my bill was due for payment!

Is this a new 'service' provided by Eircom? Do the calls keep coming every hour until they are picked up?
    If so, is there anyway to opt out of this, because as a heavily pregnant lady sleep is precious right now!!! And when baby arrives having hourly phone calls from some machine telling me to pay my bill is not going to be appreciated!!

Do i need to just plug out my phone??!!

:mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Cherrycola wrote: »
    I have received 4 phonecalls from Eircom today, on the hour, every hour, when i answered the last call, it was an automated message telling me my bill was due for payment!

Is this a new 'service' provided by Eircom? Do the calls keep coming every hour until they are picked up?
    If so, is there anyway to opt out of this, because as a heavily pregnant lady sleep is precious right now!!! And when baby arrives having hourly phone calls from some machine telling me to pay my bill is not going to be appreciated!!

Do i need to just plug out my phone??!!

:mad::mad::mad:

Hi Cherrycola,

The new eircom reminder service does have a message or text facility, however it should only leave on reminder not four?

Can you private message me with your eircom telephone number or account number and I can look into the messages you received.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭1013

I have experienced the same problem this morning. It wasn't answered the first time, but it was when it rang again an hour or so later.

Is there an opt out? An automated service waking people is not an option for us... (Night duty / sleep during day)

A text could be okay, as long as it doesn't disturb sleep.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Hi Cherrycola,

The new eircom reminder service does have a message or text facility, however it should only leave on reminder not four?

Can you private message me with your eircom telephone number or account number and I can look into the messages you received.

Thanks, Mark

Thin line between reminder and harassment in this case!!!!

Hi Cherrycola,

Thanks, Mark

Hi Cherrycola,

I got all your PMs and details. I am arraning the reminder method to be changed as discussed and I will get back to you later today.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Cherrycola,

Thanks, Mark

Hi Cherrycola,

I got all your PMs and details. I am arraning the reminder method to be changed as discussed and I will get back to you later today.

Thanks, Mark

Actually this would be a great tool for your data "non protection" staff - on the hour every hour - "encrypt all laptops".

Are you seriously telling us that this system was deliberately set up in this way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Ok, this has started again this week, what is the story??? You told me we were removed from this 'reminder' system??? :mad::mad:
    Do you know how precious sleep is in a house with a 7week old baby?????:mad::mad:

I swear im leaving eircom if this crap doesnt stop! I wouldnt mind but the bloody bill is paid, its probably just held up as a result of the Ulster Bank IT problems!

Ok, this has started again this week, what is the story??? You told me we were removed from this 'reminder' system??? :mad::mad:
    Do you know how precious sleep is in a house with a 7week old baby?????:mad::mad:

I swear im leaving eircom if this crap doesnt stop! I wouldnt mind but the bloody bill is paid, its probably just held up as a result of the Ulster Bank IT problems!

You should make a formal complaint to Comreg - this sounds very close to harassment.

And here we go again, another phone call today, what is the story???:mad::mad:

Can someone please reply to this and sort it out once and for all???:mad::mad:

And here we go again, another phone call today, what is the story???:mad::mad:

Can someone please reply to this and sort it out once and for all???:mad::mad:

Hi Cherrycola,

Since we spoke last in relation to this issue. eircom have changed the overdue payment reminder facility to purely calls or texts.

Which means the standard written reminder function has been suspended.

eircom have to insure that customers are reminded of any overdue balances - especially if there has been a balance carried over from the previous billing period - (And may be liable for disconnection)

As such it is not possible to remove your details from the remainder facility as it is the sole process now in place for advising customers were the bill existing bill has gone past the bill due date.

* However if customers receive a bill or the previous bill has carried forward to the excising bill / balance. Customers can call accounts - 1901 or eircom credit management 1800 203 101 to request more time to make a payment or set up a payment plan before eircom may be required to call them.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

Eircom are the only company I do business with that charge its customers for services that haven't been received yet.

For Example last bill I got was printed on July 3rd for the service period 1 JUL to 31 JUL, really just a sneaky way of getting money out of customers a month in advance. Would be like paying esb for electricity that you havent used yet.

Then this automated eircom number starts calling for payment on services that are still 27 days away that I havent even used yet.

People do work late shift and midnights and dont like being called at 10am in the morning from some automated caller. These comapny practices should be looked at, is it any wonder Eircom are in the state they are in??

Also while Im thinking of it, you say that "Which means the standard written reminder function has been suspended", and yet there is still no sign of paperless billing as Im sure many customers want????

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Eircom are the only company I do business with that charge its customers for services that haven't been received yet.

For Example last bill I got was printed on July 3rd for the service period 1 JUL to 31 JUL, really just a sneaky way of getting money out of customers a month in advance. Would be like paying esb for electricity that you havent used yet.

Youy are paying in advance for line rental. You do this too on mobile phone contracts as well

Hi Cherrycola,

Since we spoke last in relation to this issue. eircom have changed the overdue payment reminder facility to purely calls or texts.

Which means the standard written reminder function has been suspended.

eircom have to insure that customers are reminded of any overdue balances - especially if there has been a balance carried over from the previous billing period - (And may be liable for disconnection)

As such it is not possible to remove your details from the remainder facility as it is the sole process now in place for advising customers were the bill existing bill has gone past the bill due date.

* However if customers receive a bill or the previous bill has carried forward to the excising bill / balance. Customers can call accounts - 1901 or eircom credit management 1800 203 101 to request more time to make a payment or set up a payment plan before eircom may be required to call them.

Thanks, Mark

How convenient that this service has been suspended since we last spoke.....:rolleyes: although i did request a text reminder instead of phonecall, which you assured me had been done, and seems to be still available? but that doesnt seem to have been done at all!

A bill of less than €60 thats over due by a few days and these 'reminder' calls start, id hate to see what you do to people who owe ye hundreds!!! :mad:

Well i shall vote with my feet so, and cancel my eircom account so and move to a provider who can among other things provide their customers with a working modem!!

Disgraceful customer service.

How convenient that this service has been suspended since we last spoke.....:rolleyes: although i did request a text reminder instead of phonecall, which you assured me had been done, and seems to be still available? but that doesnt seem to have been done at all!

A bill of less than €60 thats over due by a few days and these 'reminder' calls start, id hate to see what you do to people who owe ye hundreds!!! :mad:

Well i shall vote with my feet so, and cancel my eircom account so and move to a provider who can among other things provide their customers with a working modem!!

Disgraceful customer service.

Hi Cherrycola,

I appreciate this is not the answer you were looking for. However as I advised customers can preempt any reminder calls if the receive a bill and may feel they may need more time or set up a payment agreement.

They just need to pick up the phone and call one of the free phone numbers available - 1901 or eircom accounts or credit management 1800 203 101.

Would you like me to look into your modem connection issues?

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement