Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours Dog constantly howling..

Options
  • 28-02-2012 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭

Driving me mad to say the least.

Neighbour (2 doors away) have a husky, during the day there is nobody in the house as the occupants work...the dog just howls all day long out the back garden.

Do I just have a quiet word ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

We often have similar problems.

I`d have a quiet word first, then you can look into the DSPCA etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

jeffk wrote: »
    We often have similar problems.

I`d have a quiet word first, then you can look into the DSPCA etc

Had a word, in fairness they are nice people and don't want to fall out but nothing has changed, dog (huskey) prob shouldn't even be kept in a back garden the size of it, but that's for another day.

They said it just get's lonley but would look into it, dog is still howling, it's turning into a big problem now...All day every day

Alaska1 wrote: »
    Had a word, in fairness they are nice people and don't want to fall out but nothing has changed, dog (huskey) prob shouldn't even be kept in a back garden the size of it, but that's for another day.

They said it just get's lonley but would look into it, dog is still howling, it's turning into a big problem now...All day every day

Well you done the decent thing and asked them nicely, after that you could see if other people feel the same and get a joint letter written and signed to reinforce your views.

After that I don’t think people should be let keep a dog when it’s left lonely and calling out for people all day till they come home. So in my view I wouldn’t have any problems ringing any of the dog charities.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

Can dogs be trained not to howl?
    Alaska1 wrote: »

Well you done the decent thing and asked them nicely, after that you could see if other people feel the same and get a joint letter written and signed to reinforce your views.

After that I don’t think people should be let keep a dog when it’s left lonely and calling out for people all day till they come home. So in my view I wouldn’t have any problems ringing any of the dog charities.

fisherking wrote: »
    Can dogs be trained not to howl?

Why would you want to do that? They cry most of the time because there is something wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

Why would you want to do that? They cry most of the time because there is something wrong.

He's howling because he's lonely and bored.

As for the size of the garder, that has nothing to do with it. Dogs are social animals. They want company and to come into the house with the rest of their pack/family.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

OP, not sure this is the right forum for you to get answers. Maybe try animal and pet issues , I'm sure the issue will have come up there before.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement