Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I suspect my neighbours are living in sin

• 28-02-2012 3:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

They are a young couple with a small child who've lived next door for over a year now.
    I was joking the other evening about my 10th wedding anniversary coming up & the woman just blushed quietly.
    I notice they never leave for Mass on a Sunday morning, their car is always there.
    I took in a package from Amazon for them one day & I noticed her surname is different to his.

I know their landlord & I feel I should report them so that he's aware of all the facts.
    I can only imagine the shame I would feel were it happening under my roof.
    Come to think of it the child may not be baptized either, I should collect some holy water & catch her next time she's playing on the green.
    We used be so proud of our estate, terrible to see it go downhill like this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I lol'd.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Cool story, bro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

report them to God that'll teach em

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

They have a TV licence though, right?

stone them for adultery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Call the priest quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

You should report them - 1850 715 815.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

bluewolf wrote: »
    stone them for adultery
    You need a permit for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

But how could they have had a child if they're not married? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

I had the same problem. I informed the landlord of the issue and they were promptly evicted.

Now a nice young couple lives there, wedding vows intact. We even attend their calf sacrifice every Sunday evening.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

If you are happy with non-martial family which are not as stable as martial families and hence more of drain on tax-payers and without any moral framework beyond a self-centered individualistic mindset - good for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    They are a young couple with a small child who've lived next door for over a year now.
    I was joking the other evening about my 10th wedding anniversary coming up & the woman just blushed quietly.
    I notice they never leave for Mass on a Sunday morning, their car is always there.
    I took in a package from Amazon for them one day & I noticed her surname is different to his.

I know their landlord & I feel I should report them so that he's aware of all the facts.
    I can only imagine the shame I would feel were it happening under my roof.
    Come to think of it the child may not be baptized either, I should collect some holy water & catch her next time she's playing on the green.
    We used be so proud of our estate, terrible to see it go downhill like this.

Perhaps if you slipped some pamphlets in the door that extoll the benefits of christian marriage....how the sex is better when baby Jesus approves and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

hmmmm now which one of these names on the sex offender's list is yours :confused:

Father Rabidlamb of God maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

You call the priest OP and I'll meet you there with my shotgun

The two of us can be witnesses and the priest will get this sorted quick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

The fact that there are people who still think like this in Ireland is what is really sad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Manach wrote: »
    If you are happy with non-martial family which are not as stable as martial families and hence more of drain on tax-payers and without any moral framework beyond a self-centered individualistic mindset - good for you.

So once you know you've ninjas next door, you know you're ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

How can you be proud of an estate???? Its just a bunch of houses where dole scroungers live together in squallor.

Theyre probably saving their dole and welfare payments to get married in the future, just because you have been on the dole/welfare longer and managed to get married ten years ago doesnt make you any better than them, shame on you for looking down on those poor b'stards!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

stone them for adultery

That's where it all started, first they got stoned, then..........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I'm here saying the rosary that your fears are not true OP!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

i PMSL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Are you OK, OP?

I can't imagine the shock. Now you are expected to live with the guilt of knowing this. How selfish of them.

(((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

"John 8:7 - Let he is without sin cast the first stone."

So OP, if you have everything in your house in order then take these heathens out the back and stone them. You know its your Christian duty ;)

Anyone can do an emergency baptism, you don't need a priest

So good idea OP, get your bottle of holy water and run out to the green where the child is playing and save their eternal soul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

I'll say a prayer for them OP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I think we should organise an intervention.
    We got to help those lost souls!

Anyone wrote: »
    I'll say a prayer for them OP

And for the OP who has to live with this. It's horrific. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

To be honest I feel sick that this is happening, WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!!

• Advertisement

A warning to all

This is what happens when you vote in Ruari Quinn and the godless Labour party.
    Society breaks down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

down with this sort of thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

stone them for adultery

:confused:

OP never mentioned adultery.

And this child, born out of wedlock, is actually playing with the other children....:eek::eek: right under all your noses :eek::eek:

Zebra3 wrote: »

You can never be too sure ;)

Stone them just in case like.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭pipelaser

If they're not married she's still fair game

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

If only this lost generation could feel the warmth of a Popes visit they would return to the flock.
    We got 1 million in the The Phoenix Park in '79, how many would we get today once the word has been spread ?.

Zebra3 wrote: »

they're not married therefore it's called adultery by some strange types :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

I was joking the other evening about my 10th wedding anniversary coming up

Congratulations Mr and Mrs Troll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I would say they leave the lights on in the bedroom as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Living in sin eh?

Could be worse, they could be living in Leitrim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

And this child, born out of wedlock, is actually playing with the other children....:eek::eek: right under all your noses :eek::eek:

Don't Sunflower, just don't, I'm crying and sweating, this is just too much. I really think you need to call the Guards AND the Bishop OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,582 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Ok , I don't quite get the gist of this post....
    It's more than likely all a big mistake.... She's prob a widow who has taken in a lodger to help with costs and fitting light bulbs ect...
    I don't get why she's not going to mass though.... Maybe she goes back to her home parish every Sunday to take her mammy to mass...

What else would make sense.

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

I would say they leave the lights on in bedroom as well

Durty :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

curlzy wrote: »
    To be honest I feel sick that this is happening, WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!!

I know a bloke that's always thinking of the children.

He's been locked up though funnilly enough...

curlzy wrote: »
    Don't Sunflower, just don't, I'm crying and sweating, this is just too much. I really think you need to call the Guards AND the Bishop OP.

I know, but you hear about these things happening in other countries, but never do you think ON YOUR OWN DOORSTEP!

:eek::eek::eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Markcheese wrote: »
    Ok , I don't quite get the gist of this post....
    It's more than likely all a big mistake.... She's prob a widow who has taken in a lodger to help with costs and fitting light bulbs ect...
    I don't get why she's not going to mass though.... Maybe she goes back to her home parish every Sunday to take her mammy to mass...

What else would make sense.

No no, he's ****in her, twice some nights & not in a procreational orifice either.

No no, he's ****in her, twice some nights & not in a procreational orifice either.

Oh God! So this wasn't a once-off mistake!!! :eek::eek::eek: This is just getting worse!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

The thought of the local priesthood not having unvetted access to local children disgusts me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Hang 'em and flog 'em I say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Is it possible to blush loudly?

• Advertisement
Advertisement