Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I suspect my neighbours are living in sin

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

When the child is unattended push him into the boot of your car and take him to a river and baptise him like the way they did in the olden days.

He will need it for his future psychological health.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 purplestuff

Impossible.The pussy troll won't leave until they are married.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Koded_AR_Rose

I think what we have to take away from this story is that somewhere their is a young couple being stalked by and old dude because he thinks their not catholic ...... gotta love the good old meddling christian stereotype its rarely wrong ..
    also in refernce to the entire article

Facepalm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

A bit of an oul rosary wouldn't do any harm now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 InflatableEgo

Athiest thread making fun of catholics/people of belief. Hardly something new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

stoneill wrote: »
    A bit of an oul rosary wouldn't do any harm now.

...made the country what it is today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Is there anything to be said for another mass?

She's probably one of those harlots that believes in the female orgasm! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Thread over in Personal Issues forum about a family member taking a child and baptiizing it without the parents permission

OP, it is your duty to do the same to the neighbours child

If you don't the child is going to limbo
    Oh wait, is limbo the one that existed for centuries and then a few years ago we were told it never existed.
    Confusing :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I would love to live in sin. But my neighbours are nosy [EMAIL="sh@ts"]sh@ts[/EMAIL] who would report me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

When myself and the GF had moved in together it was a in a small estate (15 or so houses) but 8 priests had come from that estate.

So to say its holy is an understatement (called st eunans, has a street mass every year etc etc)

Withing 4 hours we had 2 old ladies around giving us leaflets on mass times, rosary beads and a small book on the local parish. They asked who lived in the house and when i said it was myself and the girlfriend they got all flustered and soon left.

An hour later they were back

with holy water.

Oh i'd say we were the talk of many tea mornings. although i proved what a good Christian i was when i helped them with shopping, leaving out bins and the like especially in that snow.

danniemcq changing old people opinions on the youth of today (till they get robbed by some scumbag)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Thread over in Personal Issues forum about a family member taking a child and baptiizing it without the parents permission

OP, it is your duty to do the same to the neighbours child

If you don't the child is going to limbo
    Oh wait, is limbo the one that existed for centuries and then a few years ago we were told it never existed.
    Confusing :confused:

Good old limbo. Nothing like a bit of emotional terrorism to get people in to church.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

danniemcq wrote: »
    When myself and the GF had moved in together it was a in a small estate (15 or so houses) but 8 priests had come from that estate.

So to say its holy is an understatement (called st eunans, has a street mass every year etc etc)

Withing 4 hours we had 2 old ladies around giving us leaflets on mass times, rosary beads and a small book on the local parish. They asked who lived in the house and when i said it was myself and the girlfriend they got all flustered and soon left.

with holy water.

Oh i'd say we were the talk of many tea mornings. although i proved what a good Christian i was when i helped them with shopping, leaving out bins and the like especially in that snow.

danniemcq changing old people opinions on the youth of today (till they get robbed by some scumbag)

I'd hang a Satanic wreath on the door.

Just for kicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭seaniefr

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    They are a young couple with a small child who've lived next door for over a year now.
    I was joking the other evening about my 10th wedding anniversary coming up & the woman just blushed quietly.
    I notice they never leave for Mass on a Sunday morning, their car is always there.
    I took in a package from Amazon for them one day & I noticed her surname is different to his.

I know their landlord & I feel I should report them so that he's aware of all the facts.
    I can only imagine the shame I would feel were it happening under my roof.
    Come to think of it the child may not be baptized either, I should collect some holy water & catch her next time she's playing on the green.
    We used be so proud of our estate, terrible to see it go downhill like this.
    You could baptize them all in one go with a golden shower (:-)

For all those saying take the child and baptise it there is a much easier way,
    First, for a baptism to be valid, the baptizer must immerse or pour water on the head of the one being baptized, while pronouncing the invocation of the Most Holy Trinity: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (Catechism of the Catholic Church no. 1278).

Second, a child cannot be baptized against the parent’s wishes (Can. 868). However, Canon Law allows for the following exceptions: 1) Can. 868 §2. An infant of Catholic parents or even of non-Catholic parents is baptized licitly in danger of death even against the will of the parents 2) Can. 870 An abandoned infant or a foundling is to be baptized unless after diligent investigation the baptism of the infant is established. 3) Can. 871 If aborted fetuses are alive, they are to be baptized insofar as possible.

Can only a priest baptize? While the ordinary minister of baptism is a bishop, a priest, or a deacon, in the case of necessity, anyone, even a non-baptized person, with the required intention, can baptize, by using the Trinitarian baptismal formula. The intention required is to will to do what the Church does when she baptizes (CCC 1256).

so its a bit of an odd one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭toexpress

Well if the OP thinks that is bad he is going to be completely shocked by the fact that I am queer and lived with my partner in sin for ten years!!!
    We were a bit ashamed when spotted by our local Vicar having an intimate moment but I suspect we provided some fodder for him by so doing

toexpress wrote: »
    Well if the OP thinks that is bad he is going to be completely shocked by the fact that I am queer and lived with my partner in sin for ten years!!!
    We were a bit ashamed when spotted by our local Vicar having an intimate moment but I suspect we provided some fodder for him by so doing

nah you seem to be over 12

nah you seem to be over 12

The Vicars don't really go for the kids that's more of a Catholic thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 tessa3233

bluewolf wrote: »
    they're not married therefore it's called adultery by some strange types :)

get a bloody life,couldn't be bothered staying on this site any longer ye are all full of it,goodbyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,get a life bluewolf,ha,ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

This thread reminds me of a conversation an old dear had about renting a flat out to a boy and a girl back home, she was going to check if they really were brother and sister as she was letting anyone live in sin.

But was happy for a brother and sister to share a one bedroom flat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

Dear God, please make the bad people get married.
    Our Father, Who does art in Heaven, Harold is His name. Amen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭Realtine

OH Lordy OP you've put the fear of god in me now....!
    I've only been living with my other half for a good 26 years now - I think our neighbours of 16 years are a bit suspicious alright tho... noticed a bit of covert behaviour on their part.
    And today himself had the CHEEK to tell me it that because it was a leap year I should be PROPOSING to him today.
    what will we tell the kids?????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Realtine wrote: »
    I've only been living with my other half for a good 26 years now - I think our neighbours of 16 years are a bit suspicious alright tho... noticed a bit of covert behaviour on their part.
    And today himself had the CHEEK to tell me it that because it was a leap year I should be PROPOSING to him today.
    harlot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

tessa3233 wrote: »
    get a bloody life,couldn't be bothered staying on this site any longer ye are all full of it,goodbyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,get a life bluewolf,ha,ha

Not entirely sure if this poster is kidding or just unable to sense that we're taking the píss!!!

But OT, disgraceful behaviour, she should have to wear the Scarlet Letter and why have social services not been called to take the child/children to some lovely God fearing married couple!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Sleepy wrote: »
    She's probably one of those harlots that believes in the female orgasm! :rolleyes:

Pffff, there's more chance of Jesus being real!

Off to the conspiracy forum with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BackScrub

Give them a break, at least they're not using contraceptives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

with holy water.

About 10 years ago a local girl got pregnant out of wedlock as it were.

One of the local middle aged women gave her a good lecture on the main street one day. The girl responded "how'd your daughter get on with that wee trip to Manchester?" :D

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

pics or gtfo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Realtine wrote: »

You know you've condemned that poor mans soul?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I blame the educations system if the priest was to give a lecture about hell after the school morning prayers we would have less of these sinners.

Domo230 wrote: »
    I bet they eat meat on Fridays too.

I go for some sausage as often as possible myself to be honest ...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Athiest thread making fun of catholics/people of belief. Hardly something new.
    Well. Catholic beliefs are rather easy to make fun of.
    Transubstantiation and coming back from the dead any one?
    BTW ya dont just have to be atheist to find those examples as daft as a bag of rabbits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Well. Catholic beliefs are rather easy to make fun of.
    Transubstantiation and coming back from the dead any one?
    BTW ya dont just have to be atheist to find those examples as daft as a bag of rabbits

Jesus was a timelord, when he came 'back to life' it was a partial regeneration... maybe he was able to siphon off the rest of the regeneration energy into his 'handy spare hand'.

He's been regenerating into different bodies ever since. See? Makes perfect sense...

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭munkifisht

Well, you know your duty, time to burn the heathen out of them. Personally I find your bog standard molatov cocktail is the way to go in this situation, but you might prefer something a little more flamboyant (not in a gay way of course. Jesus hates the gays as we know), like a flame thrower perhaps, or a burning cross (although I've also had mixed feelings about a burning cross).

Anyway, their son is probably a satanist now anyway, so he'll have to be sorted out. Of course in this overly liberal society work houses are a thing of the past, but you could always send him on a ship to the far east somewhere to put him to work making iPods or Nikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

Down with this sort of thing !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

I blame de telavizin!
    There was none id did muck before de telavizin kem along.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

SocSocPol wrote: »
    I blame de telavizin!
    Are you going to blame the television for your shocking attenpt at english too? :rolleyes: :0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

Are you going to blame the television for your shocking attenpt at english too? :rolleyes: :0
    Get a life Grammar Nazi:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

I blame de telavizin!

Y u no speak English ? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I blame de telavizin!

In Soviet Russia......telavizin blames YOU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Holy thread resurrection Batman!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 waterdale35

Are you serious I be living with my partner for seven years a we have a daughter. And we're very happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

proberly will get shot down for this but what is marraige except a piece of paper that says that the man owns the woman (where it origonal came from). All it really does is tells the state. Just becouse 2 people are married and another 2 arn't does not mean two that arn't dont love each other as much as the two that are married.

prehaps i am demented. I just have never seen what all the fuss is about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭kr7

proberly will get shot down for this but what is marraige except a piece of paper that says that the man owns the woman (where it origonal came from). All it really does is tells the state. Just becouse 2 people are married and another 2 arn't does not mean two that arn't dont love each other as much as the two that are married.

prehaps i am demented. I just have never seen what all the fuss is about.

You know if you were to be made bankrupt, and the courts take everything you own, would that include the wife too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

You should have edited once more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

dirtyden wrote: »

You should have edited once more.
    Feckin phone! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

And this child, born out of wedlock, is actually playing with the other children....:eek::eek: right under all your noses :eek::eek:
    ^This^

Be careful your own children don't catch any atheism off the heretics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

kr7 wrote: »
    You know if you were to be made bankrupt, and the courts take everything you own, would that include the wife too?

Haha wounder what they would be worth? :rolleyes:

Cant see why the goverment whould care if i love and am living with someone. I dont need to be married to do that

What it has to do with the church i will never know. Seems to just give ignorant neighbours an excusse to but in where it isn't wanted

It is between me and girlfriend (ok. i dont have one but i can pretend for sake of argument)

Advertisement