Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardwareversand RMA

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Could be that abysmal PSU. Do you have a spare one you can try with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 FKhan

didn't know reputation that PSU

all fans working, DVD & HDD powering up means the PSU is working ok but no power to CPU so could have been faulty cpu power connector

no i dont have another spare PSU but i do have a multimeter & board's manual showing all voltages for 4 pin cpu power, can i check this way?

one thing i learned is never buy a tray (OEM) cpu bcos they wrap it in plastic with card board & thats all you get, chances of pins being bent are more during transit or unpacking

I'm not too familiar with electronics, but I'd assume so. I only mention because during boot up the power draw of a system spikes, so it might be preventing a full power up.

Even if it isn't a problem, I'd replace that PSU as soon as you can either way. I wouldn't trust a PSU for €15 as far as I can through it (about 60m - I had an old one lying around, was curious)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Are you based in Dublin? I could go over and help troubleshoot. If not, do the following:

First try and boot outside the case, with just the motherboard, RAM, CPU and CPU fan in. Place the motherboard on a piece of wood (like a chopping board) but NOT on an anti-static bag.

If that works then you know its none of those parts that are at fault, so you can slowly add the rest of the build. When it stops working you know what step caused the problem.

deconduo wrote: »
    Are you based in Dublin? I could go over and help troubleshoot. .
    I am based in Co Meath but can come to a place of your convenience if you could help troubleshoot
    First try and boot outside the case, with just the motherboard, RAM, CPU and CPU fan in. Place the motherboard on a piece of wood (like a chopping board) but NOT on an anti-static bag.

If that works then you know its none of those parts that are at fault, so you can slowly add the rest of the build. When it stops working you know what step caused the problem.
    no, havn't tried that but does it make a difference? as same components will be connected in same way, you mean board could be shorting with casing? it would have fried in that case?

• Advertisement

Serephucus wrote: »
    I'm not too familiar with electronics, but I'd assume so. I only mention because during boot up the power draw of a system spikes, so it might be preventing a full power up.

Even if it isn't a problem, I'd replace that PSU as soon as you can either way. I wouldn't trust a PSU for €15 as far as I can through it (about 60m - I had an old one lying around, was curious)
    Could you recommend a better economical PSU locally? bcos if i order another from HVS, it will take another €30 for delivery

FKhan wrote: »
    I am based in Co Meath but can come to a place of your convenience if you could help troubleshoot

If you have the time sure. I have a spare AM3 mobo, CPU, and RAM, so it should be pretty easy to narrow down the problem. Shoot me a PM if you like.
    FKhan wrote: »
    no, havn't tried that but does it make a difference? as same components will be connected in same way, you mean board could be shorting with casing? it would have fried in that case?

The case, wireless card, hard drive, optical drive could all be causing some problem. Without starting with the bare essentials it can be hard to tell. If you are only using mobo, CPU, RAM then you know all those components work if you can get it to boot.

If you have the time sure. I have a spare AM3 mobo, CPU, and RAM, so it should be pretty easy to narrow down the problem. Shoot me a PM if you like.

The case, wireless card, hard drive, optical drive could all be causing some problem. Without starting with the bare essentials it can be hard to tell. If you are only using mobo, CPU, RAM then you know all those components work if you can get it to boot.
    thanks, i just sent you a PM with my nr

ok, thumbs up to deconduo
    he did a Free troubleshoot for me & found that motherboard is faulty, everything else is working fine

does anybody know the phone nr of HVS for RMA?

i got this from their email 01805 / 711 117 (0,14 EUR/min from a Deutsche Telekom landline, via mobile pohne max. 0,42 EUR/min). it looks like a german premium nr & when i am trying from here its always busy

i am dialling 0049 1805 / 711 117, or may be i am dialling it the wrong way?

• Advertisement

i sent an email to them in German (translated from Google translate) & English
    Hope will get a reply soon

to my surprise, got a reply email within 10mins with an assigned ticket nr
    email was in german so again google translate...
    looks like a very long ticket nr, hope its not automated

Sehr geehrte Kundin, sehr geehrter Kunde,

Ihre E-Mail werden wir so schnell wie möglich beantworten.

Verwenden Sie bitte für weitere Rückfragen per E-Mail folgende Ticketnummer: (Ticket#20120301XXXXXXXX) als Betreff, um eine automatisierte und damit schnellere Verarbeitung zu gewährleisten.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Ihr Service-Center der
    hardwareversand.de

Yeah, thats an automated reply.

update on HWVS RMA
    they are very quick by email
    i got an email with RMA link specific to my order
    i select what item to return, delivery address & submit
    after submission it gives me another link to print UPS label & drop it to a UPS location

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

Do you have to pay for the cost of the shipping with UPS? I have to RMA a Corsair Hydro H100 to them but I can do it directly through Corsair if needs be, I reckon it'll be quicker.

I tried that ups link but it wont show label jst red cross on top right corner, may b ups hv changed their api n hwvs havent updated their site to incorporate those changes as some ppl reported here on boards b4, I wil send it bak at my own cost as I hv no option, do u knw if msi hv any local dealer? Postage will b same if I send to msi or hwvs so it make no diff

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭pockets3d

Okay lads so back.to the rma question
    built my first pc. Killed one of the ram sticks building it but carried on anyway now yesterday i was taking pics to.show off.here :D and i retried all combinations of ram placements and ended up killing the other stick too (2x4gb) error 19 Dr debug only.get this error.with the second stick the first one causes the psu to momentarily start and then stop

Any chance i can get it replaced seeing as its my fault :/ ?

How exactly do you mean you killed the second stick of RAM? It might be that you have a faulty RAM slot on your motherboard that's frying sticks, in which case you'll need to RMA the board. Did both RAM modules die in after being in the same slot?

Sorry i don't really know that much about it but ill explain what happened.

I put together the cpu mobo and 2 ram sticks (1st and 3rd slot) and got into bios. It showed it having 8000 odd mb of memory the right amount. I then put the rest of the build together but couldn't get it to boot. I took out the ram out of the third slot and it ran perfectly installed windows was gaming away etc. but i had this extra memory stick which i thought was broken laying out so i tried it in first slot and the other ram in the third slot when i do this the psu starts for half a second and turns off now.
    When i try the ram that was originally in first slot now it starts it just doesn't go as far as bios the mobo cpu fan etc run with an error code of 0X19 on the ASrock z68 motherboard. (pre memory south bridge initialization startede :S)

So it would seem that there is two different things wrong. One definately with the ram that was originally in the third slot(cuts the power out)
    And then the other ram just doesn't let the pc boot like it used to now.

thanks for the help. any idea whats going on ?

Okay tried.it.out again now i get that error message with both and none of the ram in so its nothing to with the ram ?

edit: all ram works the board was shorting on the case cause I'm missing a standoff

• Advertisement

here is the update
    i called them on 0049 1805 711 117 (by skipping zero after Germany code 0049, their local nr is 01805 711 117)
    this nr wont connect via landline & always sound bz, can only connect via mobile
    it costed me approx €0.50 per minute
    after 2 long german automated msgs, someone picked up, i asked for an english speaking person & then told them order nr & defective article nr

they asked me to email them on service(at)hardwareversand.de asking them to collect & the date on which it is ready to be collected

so in reality for an RMA you dont have to call them, just email them on service(at)hardwareversand.de asking them to collect & the date on which it is ready to be collected, keep the package ready to be collected by UPS van

Advertisement