Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Knocking beech trees

• 28-02-2012 4:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭

I have 5 or 6 beech trees to knock to make way for a shed. Is it to late to cut them this weekend? (3rd March 2012)

They are within the legal distance from my house so dont need a permit

Is the sap up on them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭greenfingers89

cut away! it doesnt really matter an awful lot what time of year if they are big trees as they'll need a couple of years to dry anyway.

only thing i will say is if your in REPS/AEOS you mightnt be supposed to cut outside nesting seasons or whatever other sh1te they come up with through environmental restrictions for your farm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Cheers gf89,

There not that big of trees, maybe 8-24 inch diameter.

Im not in reps/aesos or do i have sfp and there is only one magpie nest which isnt been used currently. Ill chop on saturday and take the bank out of it asap.

cut away! it doesnt really matter an awful lot what time of year if they are big trees as they'll need a couple of years to dry anyway.

only thing i will say is if your in REPS/AEOS you mightnt be supposed to cut outside nesting seasons or whatever other sh1te they come up with through environmental restrictions for your farm

• Registered Users Posts: 43 about 3 fity

ye you should be fine to cut away, great firewood for the future, nice bit of splitting in it but well worth it in my opinion

Advertisement