Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bassist available in the Midlands area

• 28-02-2012 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I have 3 years experience playing bass and singing in several bands.
    I am available to play at pretty much anytime.
    Preferable I would like to be in a Metal/Hard Rock/Punk band but Im willing to play pretty much anything.
    I refuse to be in a band with anyone below the age of 17 and anyone above the age of 20.
    Pm me if interested

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I refuse to be in a band with anyone below the age of 17 and anyone above the age of 20.
    While I can understand not wanting to deal with people below 17, why the cut-off at 20? At that age plenty of people still have time to pursue musical stardom before career, family and other mundane stuff gets in the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Doorsfan1984

Well said Malice. awful whack of ageism on some posts on here, musicians older than 20 are very valuable assets to have in a band. You hardly think we lose our ability once we hit 21 do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Remorseless Soul

I cut off at 20 simply because Ive tried being in bands with people around the age of 25 and generally they have just taken over completely, a band should be a democracy, not a dictation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I cut off at 20 simply because Ive tried being in bands with people around the age of 25 and generally they have just taken over completely, a band should be a democracy, not a dictation
    I find that a person's going to be an ass regardless of their age. Anyway I won't derail your thread any further except to recommend that you jam with as many people as possible without placing unnecessary restrictions. A fellow musician who is into the same music, dedicated and at least as talented (preferably more so) would be a great help.

Malice, so far Ive only found 1 guitarist who is anywhere near as enthusiastic as myself, I spend on average 8-10 hours a day practicing. I cant stand being in a band with people who leave everything up to me and then act like asses towards me, the band I was in previously is a perfect example of that, they did nothing and gave me nothing but grief.
    Im looking to be in a band with people who can play, who are dedicated and have the time to make it work. Generally people over the age of 20 have work or families to attend to, i can appreciate where you are coming from on that angle but I do have my reasons and past experience here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 richie1989

hehe malice said ass.. :)..

yo man where u from?...im based in kildare..lookin to start a heavy blues, rock band,,have a guitarist..i also spend 8- 10 hours a day..u must be S**T hot :)...also im dedicated like urself and have another guitarist on board...let me know what u think...something can be worked out....

oh im 22 and by the way ive far much more dedication than most...and have been playin live for years, non stop....and nothin has ever got in my way so id really appreciate if u got in touch to talk about settin up a jam

Richie, I hail from Offaly :L but im looking to move to Dublin in the next 2 years for college.
    I would be interested in jamming with you, if you are as dedicated as you say :D

what part of offaly man?im half hour away from offaly

near tullamore :L i hate the place XD

• Advertisement

have u any links man??

i have no idea, there are a few recordings floating about but none of them are good quality, ill record something and put a link up later

Advertisement