Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming/Coding Build

Options
  • 28-02-2012 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

1. What is your budget? [€750]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming(RTS mostly, also a few shooters)/Matlab/Multi Threaded C/Verilog/Linux Dev/Image Processing]

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Radeon 4870, not great but runs fine at the moment, will upgrade later])

5. Do you need a monitor? [No]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [-]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080] [No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [No]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes]

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card (either works)]

9. When are you purchasing? [~2 months]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [No need for help]

11. Also need a strong case as will be transporting to quite a few lans, current case isn't holding up well and I also need to be able to lock it. Was looking at the Thermaltake Chaser Mk-1, friend has an older thermaltake case. It's fairly heavy but incredibly strong! Took a substantial chunk out of a stud wall and not a bother to it!

Thanks for the help, I had a look at some components already. Do people here think I should wait for Ivy Bridge, I know the sandybridge was a huge improvement over the previous generation but not to sure about the next generations boost in performance?

I'm goin to be purchasing the case in the next 2-3 weeks anyways. does anybody here know what the delivery cost would be for the case from hardwareversand?

Comments

Advertisement