Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Course to help get a job in Cork City Fire Brigade

Options
  • 28-02-2012 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi all
    There are lots of courses being advertised since last fridays announcement that Cork City Fire Brigade are seeking applicants, Be very careful before spending around €250 for a 2 day course on stuff that is freely available online, The Cork city Fire Brigade website has loads of information, Fireservice resources.ie is a good website

One company claim there certification is nationaly recognised and is a major advantage in getting a job as a firefighter
    Why not join the Civil defence and get the training free in return for your time?

The last time there was recruitment in cork, one of the companies that are currently running adverts in the paper told a guy who was missing 2 fingers on one hand that he had a great chance of becoming a firefighter once he had there certificate and foolishly he paid his money and beleived the spin, he was rejected at the first stage of recruitment !!!!

The best way to learn about cork city fire brigade is to call in to either of there stations and ask to be shown around
    Best of luck to all who have applied;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Hi OP it might be an idea as well to post this thread over in The Emergency Services Forum in the Soc section.

Quite a lot of interested future firemen over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Anyone know whether the pay quoted in the guide on publicjobs.ie is before or after tax?

fionny wrote: »
    Anyone know whether the pay quoted in the guide on publicjobs.ie is before or after tax?

Before.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

A fire fighters job is physically demanding so If I were you I would work on improving strength and fitness levels.

If your fit as a fiddle jog on :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

Best way to get an "in" with the Fire Brigade is to join the Civil Defence firefighting branch (if it still exists that is) I did this years ago but didn't like it... Hope this helps.

Just wondering if anyone know's on the Pay thing is the quoted pay levels a total or is there shift rates etc.. all on top of that?

I got called to do the aptitude test later this month and dont want to waste my time and their time if I cannot afford to take the hit to pay.

Advertisement