Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chill out to the sounds of the Lough

Options
  • 28-02-2012 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

I was up early one morning, girlfriend had to go to work and decided to catch the sunrise at the Lough. If you ever have a free morning I recommend going there before the traffic madness stops. It's like another world some mornings.

I recorded the footage, my first experiment with timelapsing of video. It's a nice and tranquil listen. Hope ye enjoy.

I'm looking to capture sunrises and sunsets from all around the city and compile it into one big video.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

A friend of mine lives two minutes from the Lough. During the summer some nights when we'd be up all night we'd head down there around dawn to chill out on the benches. It's really peaceful, then you get to see the world come to life as cars, joggers and dog walkers all start appearing.

I'm surprised that during the sunny days and late evenings no-one has ever set up a little stall there. I'd say a fair few people would go for a coffee or ice-cream or something on the odd few days it's sunny. It could be a nice little side-earner for someone. I know the Hawthorne is there, but you don't get to sit "lakeside" with them, and you don't always want a pint. If they set up at the other side where the biggest patch of grass is and you find people playing football or out with hurleys it'd be a lovely setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

It's an experience to have in the city. I didn't expect it to be so peaceful.

Ice cream stall would be a great idea. Just walk around the lough if it was on wheels. Has the potential to make a killing.

Pity about the Cork Bonded Warehouses :pac:
    I live a stone's throw from The Lough, to my shame I'm so used to waking to birds singing in summer that I don't actually notice anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

It's a shame about the entire area. One of the busiest harbours in Europe and now there's feck all happening there. It's a great place to be in the morning. Caught it for a 4am sun rise last summer. Tivoli was shining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

It's not relaxing to listen to at all!

Well done though :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Dermighty wrote: »
    It's not relaxing to listen to at all!

Well done though :P

Advertisement