Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone here have an 18 month contract with Meteor?

Options
  • 28-02-2012 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭

I ask because I thought meteor to meteor calls and texts weren't supposed to be included in your allocated minutes and texts. Mine weren't. This changed 2 months ago when it started getting added to my bill. Having rang customer care, they claim that this only applies for the first 12 months of the contract. I could have sworn before that it was for the whole 18 months? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭alanc2003

i signed up to an 18 month contract a few months and i was told the free meteor to meteor was only for 12 months. thought it was a bit odd alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

They put the free meteor to meteor back on for me last week and promised me the money back but I rang again today and he said I wasn't getting my money back.
    I feel I've been hoodwinked tbh. I'm considering not renewing at this stage and I'm sure a lot of friends of mine who signed up at the same time as me will feel the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭marathonic

I signed up for a 12 month contract because it was specified on the Meteor site that the free calls/texts were only for the initial 12 months. The 12 month contract only cost an extra fiver a month at the time - last August.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Happened me. I was told in the shop that they would be for life.

I'm on an 18 month Bill Pay Smart 50 plan with Friends and Family discount. The started charging me in December and I got a shocker of a bill in January, charged for Meteor calls and texts.

To be fair, they adjusted my bill accordingly and put the free texts and calls promotion back on. Back to normal now. :)

Just have to keep at them I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Its been like that for a while. Hence why I havent been pushed to sign a long term contract with them.

Tbh the savings I would get with Meteor over the 12 months would cancel out over last the 6 months of the contract

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

carlowboy wrote: »
    I ask because I thought meteor to meteor calls and texts weren't supposed to be included in your allocated minutes and texts. Mine weren't. This changed 2 months ago when it started getting added to my bill. Having rang customer care, they claim that this only applies for the first 12 months of the contract. I could have sworn before that it was for the whole 18 months? :confused:

If you don't have a copy of your contract, as for the copy that Meteor holds, to be pulled, copied and sent to you. READ the T's & C's.

Advertisement