Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract voided, penalty free exit from bill pay

Options
  • 28-02-2012 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

I remember a few years ago the EU changed the roaming charges for mobile networks which resulted in all bill pay contracts being voided as they'd have to change. I was able to leave then and keep my phone. With the news today will the same happen again for bill pay customers or have the networks come up with a way to stop this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

thomasjad wrote: »
    I remember a few years ago the EU changed the roaming charges for mobile networks which resulted in all bill pay contracts being voided as they'd have to change. I was able to leave then and keep my phone. With the news today will the same happen again for bill pay customers or have the networks come up with a way to stop this?
    Well done for spotting this, would love to get out of mine, I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread. It doesn't luck like they could make it an opt in type of thing so they would definitely have to alter the contracts. Whether it will be easy to walk away from the contract will be another thing, as far as I remember they are fully entitled to look for the phone back and if thats the case I'll be staying where I am. My subsidised phone was sent off to envirofone a long time ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

I wonder what those caps will do to out of bundle costs here?
    Currently Vodafone charge 36c or so for out of bundle calls and 10c for out of bundle texts. Other networks are similar I'm sure.

In theory, it would be cheaper to be roaming when you run out of minutes, even when you add on VAT to the 2014 EU capped prices..

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭vicM

think the networks added a clause somewhere in the renewed contracts to the effect that they could alter the contract due to such circumstances. I know UPC did and sent me out a notice recently.

Once bitten..

Advertisement