Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monstrous electricity bill - domestic nightsaver rate

Options
  • 28-02-2012 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi,

Found this section of boards.ie via google and thought i'd register just to avail :)

Got a bill for €600 yesterday for 22 Dec - 28 Feb

Previous bill (estimated meter reading Nov/Dec) was for €270
    Previous to that (actual meter read Sep/Oct) was for €105
    Previous bill was also actual reading and iirc was again well under €200.

While I understand that the estimated read on the last bill might have been underestimated slightly (though from talking to family/ friends in the same living situation and nightsaver tariff as me it seems about right), it still points to a combined amount due for the winter over two bills of almost €900 - €435 per bill. :eek:

Thats a huge amount for a small house with two people living in it who are at work during the day, have no television, don't even leave anything plugged in never mind on standby, and are on the nightsaver rate (ie storage heaters / immersion at night).

Also, as an aside, our immersion has been turned off the last few weeks due to a plumbing problem so wasn't even in use for a good third of the billing period.

The total unit usage for our last bill was about 2100. The total NIGHT units alone in this bill are 3500.

I've checked the meter readings and they seem to be correct, and as far as I can make out the time clock is right (looks to be set to the right time and looks to be set to change on/off at 11pm/8am.)

What could the reason behind this bill be? The amount just doesn't seem feasable.

I've emailed esb today, but just thought I'd post here too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Austo77,

Could you send me details of the account by private message? I would require: the account number, your full name, the address/phone number/date of the birth on the account, and confirmation that you are the named account-holder.

I will then investigate this for you and keep you posted by private message.

All the best,
    Una

Advertisement