Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple to announce iPad 3 on March 7th 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

iPad2 $100 price drop.

Don't get the naming tactics here.

iPad 2 and iPad!

That's going to confuse some people!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Inquitus wrote: »
    Higher Screen Resolution != better graphics in any way shape or form per your comment above.

I know there is a certain level of snobbery when it comes to what people expect "Gaming" to actually mean. As a console the current iPad2/iPhone4s are better then any other handheld console currently out.

As for quality difference, there is a huge difference between iPad2 display vs Retina display, likewise with current screen dpi's out there, you can check that now easily.

Also the iPad2 graphic effects were pretty impressive against iPad1. you only need to look at GoF2 vs GoF2HD.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

It's the iPad 2 and the "new" iPad....

I was in the US in November, and no one refered to my iPhone 4s as a 4s, simply "the new iPhone"

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

DubDJ wrote: »
    iPad 2 price drop by $100. Thinking the same in €? Doesn't mention discontinuing it though?

well that answers my question then , €300* for an ipad2 , hang onto it for a year , it'll still be worth €200 surely and get the next gen of iPad.

*from the US obviously due to apples crappy exchange rate of 1$ = 1€

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

That's it wrapped up now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Nothing about new smart covers, was confirmed a few days ago that the old ones work fine, was expecting something though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Good keynote. Announced everything that I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Continuing to sell the iPad 2 alongside the "iPad" is stupid. They should have called it the iPad 3 if that was the case.

Is it not "The new iPad" ? :)

Oh well, I guess Haptic is coming in the next release.

http://www.apple.com/ie/

Now updated with info from today!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

They won't be able to call it the "new iPad" in 9 months time. Maybe they are just selling the iPad 2 until existing stock is cleared.

• Advertisement

Even on their site there calling it "The new iPad".

Just does't look right to me!

Maybe they are just selling the iPad 2 until existing stock is cleared.

But why limit it to the 16GB model?

Are you sure they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Beans_On

Was there any mention of an iOS update to 5.1?

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Schummi

Beans_On wrote: »
    Was there any mention of an iOS update to 5.1?

Available today.

Are you sure they are?

On the keynote it showed the pricing breakdown and only the 16GB iPad 2 model was shown. No mention whatsoever of the others. But I also didn't see whatever "the new iPad" would have a 16GB version. I'm guessing it will but i'm not sure.

Hobbes wrote: »
    I know there is a certain level of snobbery when it comes to what people expect "Gaming" to actually mean. As a console the current iPad2/iPhone4s are better then any other handheld console currently out.
    I would have to disagree.

PS Vita would win that IMO.

http://www.nowgamer.com/features/1141172/ps_vita_vs_nintendo_3ds_vs_iphone_4s_specs_showdown.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

They said the conference would be on apple's website when it was over, where is it?

ShaneU wrote: »
    They said the conference would be on apple's website when it was over, where is it?

It's usually not put up until a few hours later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

To maintain a 32gb iPad2 alongside the new 32GB iPad risks cannibalizing sales of the more expensive product. This way the customer up-sells themselves ensuring maximum return for Apple.

The naming conventions have gotten off-track at Apple, I'm now convinced that the next iPhone will simply be called "iPhone".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭sjms

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I noticed they launched 4G services for all the networks.

20120307-kg5x41x8jnmuk1f28kaywmaspm.jpg

No mention of when the Irish release date is. Just says "coming soon".

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

HAHAHAHA 4g on Vodafone, 3 and o2....

none of them have a barely stable 3g network, let alone 4g.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

I was hopin for a new touch or nano, in the process of replacing a now paperweight touch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

No mention of when the Irish release date is. Just says "coming soon".

March 23rd.

I was hopin for a new touch or nano, in the process of replacing a now paperweight touch

iPods are updated in September/October.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I noticed they launched 4G services for all the networks.

A broken link to O2 and no mention of 4G on the other networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

4G/LTE is really not meant for us lads. I really wouldn't be getting any hopes up on that front. They have done that purely for the US market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

sjms wrote: »

No its not

Advertisement