Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple to announce iPad 3 on March 7th 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

I'm reluctant to judge Siri properly until there's an Irish localisation of it. Which from the sounds of it, is still a bit off. I'd imagine the Paddy version is low on the list of Apple's priorities.

Ha - probably the Cavan accent is melting Siri's servers :P

Can you lot get off the apple store please it keeps timing out on me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

any takers on how long it'll take for a 'should i buy the new ipad or wait for ipad 4" thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭digiman

Dr Galen wrote: »
    4G/LTE is really not meant for us lads. I really wouldn't be getting any hopes up on that front. They have done that purely for the US market.

Hopefully the Australian market to, will be the dealbreaker for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Does anyone know if you update to 5.1 if you lose your jailbreak?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

What time should we expect 5.1 to hit iTunes or is it anyones guess?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Schummi

Software updates are usually available at around 6pm Irish time, so at this stage it's hard to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

video is up on there website. Not as a podcast yet.

I wonder why they did not include siri

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭speeding

Simply because wifi version of iPad would be unusable on the go. It would make apple look very silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Mr.S wrote: »
    Anyone else trying to update to iOS 5.1 OTA? Mine downloaded the update but has been stuck on "preparing to update" for about 5 mins.

Also list of new features:

AnaSM6hCQAEA-DZ.jpg
    Yeah same as, it's Just started to install now. Patience. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

speeding wrote: »
    Simply because wifi version of iPad would be unusable on the go. It would make apple look very silly.
    Apparently the voice dictation needs a web connection. In Airplane mode the microphone button disappears. Engadget are saying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

The Apple UK site currently has a pre-order button for the New IPAD. Where as the Irish site had a coming soon button instead.

Does anyone know how long we will have to wait before we can pre order on the apple.ie site and will there be a shipping delay?

Would I be better off waiting for it to hit the shelves in PC world Friday week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭rightoldpickle

I'm sure this has been covered but cant seem to find it - has the ipad2 dropped in price?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Brian017

I'm sure this has been covered but cant seem to find it - has the ipad2 dropped in price?

The 16 gb had dropped by $100 no € price yet

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

Even the 1st psp is better than the ipad2 or iPhone AS A HANDHELD GAMING DEVICE!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

The Apple Store is down a long time. Even downloading updates etc. are taking an awful long time. The must of overloaded with this event!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

iOS 5.1 update issue,

i updated to iOS 5.1 and the camera button on the lock screen doesnt work,the screen just "bounces" up and then backdown.

just wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

The Apple UK site currently has a pre-order button for the New IPAD. Where as the Irish site had a coming soon button instead.

Does anyone know how long we will have to wait before we can pre order on the apple.ie site and will there be a shipping delay?

Would I be better off waiting for it to hit the shelves in PC world Friday week?

apple-ipad-3-ipad-hd-liveblog-3013.jpg

According to the presentation it'll be here on the 23rd, 1 week after UK, so I'm sure it'll be on pre-order soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

ArklowHoop wrote: »
    iOS 5.1 update issue,

i updated to iOS 5.1 and the camera button on the lock screen doesnt work,the screen just "bounces" up and then backdown.

You have to swipe the camera button up (like you would swipe the notification centre down) if that makes sense! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

ArklowHoop wrote: »
    iOS 5.1 update issue,

You have to swipe up on the icon.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,973 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

what were the physical differences, if any? I've seen some rumors that manufacturers have already started shipping "3rd gen iPad" cases out to retail stores.

edit: light sensor on the back..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

You have to swipe the camera button up (like you would swipe the notification centre down) if that makes sense! :)

that makes sense now!

cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82,973 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Anyone seen the cost of Applecare+ on the iPad yet?

Overheal wrote: »
    what were the physical differences, if any? I've seen some rumors that manufacturers have already started shipping "3rd gen iPad" cases out to retail stores.

Otterboox and Griffin have their heavy duty cases up in their stores. They say they're compatible with both iPads.

Brian017 wrote: »
    The 16 gb had dropped by $100 no € price yet

I briefly got onto the store earlier - the front page of it and the ipad section said 'starts from €399'

But I couldn't get in any further than that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

Anyone seen the cost of Applecare+ on the iPad yet?

$99 for two years (via apple insider)

I'm presuming 4g is backward compatible with 3g yeah? i.e. a 3g sim will work in it

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

The new ipad is both thicker and heavier than the ipad 2.

Reference: Check the entry at 6.44 on this live blog.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/9128313/Apple-iPad-3-event-live.html

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Brian017 wrote: »
    I'm presuming 4g is backward compatible with 3g yeah? i.e. a 3g sim will work in it

Apple say it's "world ready" so will work with any network. It has lots of different antennae inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Anyone know if the launch day sale time of 5pm like last year is happening again? I know its prob too soon to know, just trying to work out if I could get one up north... cause if it is 5pm again it wouldnt suit me at all.

• Advertisement

Store is back up

ipad 2 wifi 399
    ipad2 wifi 3g 519

no other options currently!

Advertisement