Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT Help

Options
  • 28-02-2012 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Im looking to buy a Smart Fortwo from the UK as they are cheaper and higher spec, however I have very little knowledge of VRT and what the rates are.

I've checked them out on www.ros.ie but how accurate is the pricing on that website?

My fear is that when I bring to car to Ireland I will have to pay any sum of money they want me to pay. At the moment the VRT calculator is quoting me between €800-1500. I'm afraid that I will be asked to pay more.

Another concern I have is that the VRT calculator is very information sensitive, for example if I change the year of the car the price changes. It also asks for month of registration. Does this really make a difference?

What should I look out for?

Has anyone here got any experience of getting a vehicle VRT'd? Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 thomas77

As long as u have the correct details for the car the price on the website is what they'll charge u.when it gives u the price take down the code it gives.
    Theres also a print option on the results page so its no harm to have that either.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭tony.aspergers

All the information that the website calculator asks for is relevant, as the amount you will pay will reduce as vehicle gets older. I think that if you have more than 6000 km on the car before you import it (for example if you go to the UK and buy it then take it on a long holiday abroad) the amount then decreases still further.

Advertisement