Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games to play with a 2 month old?

Options
  • 28-02-2012 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Maybe Google has completely stripped me of any imagination, but, I've doing Peek-a-boo and I'm a little tea-pot for the past two weeks and it's getting worn out!

Any suggestions of activities to do with a 2 month old?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

You are doing fine then:)

SInging songs and carrying them around the garden showing them the birds and the flowers or even just putting them in the sling and going for a walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭kenobrien

Yeah, sometimes I'm just staring at him, thinking what will we do now? It's like uncomfortable silences, I feel like I want to entertain him all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Talking is all they need, Like Moonbeam said pointing out objects is a never ending game. Personally I'm not the beat at talking like that, so I sing anything nursery rhymes, songs . When my son went to playschool teacher commented that there was not a rhyme he did not know:D
    Round and round the garden is another one, looking at books, it gets easier I think as they get older and you get more reactions from them

Enjoy

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

kenobrien wrote: »
    Yeah, sometimes I'm just staring at him, thinking what will we do now? It's like uncomfortable silences, I feel like I want to entertain him all the time.

That is so sweet:)
    Reading to them is another thing you can do.
    But seriously they do not need to much entertainment for another few months and then well they are so much fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭kenobrien

It's reassuring to read this folks. He's lying here in his basket, hiccuping away, staring up at me. It's great isn't it =)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Never mind google, just watch and observe your baby closely. It's the tiny details they like I've noticed.

A little nodding teddy, a sleepy dad snoring....they love all that tiny stuff.

Engage your baby, don't see them as something that needs to be entertained....engage them, they will entertain you.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Dangle your hand over them like a spider and wriggle all your fingers, then slowly lower your hand until you tickle them on the belly or under the chin. Say something at the same time to emphasis the movement.They never grow bored of this :o

Otherwise just talk to them and involve them in your activities. Everything in life is a new experience and a learning curve for them at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Dangle your hand over them like a spider and wriggle all your fingers, then slowly lower your hand until you tickle them on the belly or under the chin. Say something at the same time to emphasis the movement.They never grow bored of this :o

Otherwise just talk to them and involve them in your activities. Everything in life is a new experience and a learning curve for them at that stage.

I did this with my 3rd boy.. he loved it used to laugh his head off.. i'd put my hand over his face though and as my hand was coming down i'd open and close my fingers and make a wooshing sound made him laugh til he was about 7 or 8 months.. with my youngest i tried it and when i close my fingers he blinks and jumps.. he hated it for the first few times i did it but he loves it now and giggles away.. it was probably cruel to do it when he didn't like it but it was hilarious to watch him. . :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭foxinsocks

kenobrien wrote: »

I know this feeling! At that age they really just want to be talked to, but its hard sometimes to think of things to say. Dr Seuss comes to my rescue regularly. I recommend obtaining as many of his books as you can, both the board books, and the likes of fox in socks for later on. They are fun to read and will keep babby entertained.

My first LOVED "The Foot Book" board book to the point where I knew it off by heart, and we had to buy a new one due to wear and tear. Currently my 4 month old is being entertained by it.

Advertisement