Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vision Stardust/Vision Ego

Options
  • 28-02-2012 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

Different names, same product. Got two yesterday and been using the 2.9 resistance one last night and a bit of today. It takes a while for the flavour to kick in, maybe two refills but now it's performing very well. Used it with a 510 adaptor on a Provari...started off at 4.6 volts but as the flavour began to appear gradually reduced to 4.2 which is a really nice vape now. Takes 1.6ml and you don't need a syringe or needle cap to fill it, just tilt at an angle and fill from the bottle. It absolutely gobbles juice so you'd really need to be mixing your own or have deep pockets to use it regularly. Very good seal on both ends and no leaks. Time will tell whether it's worth the 6 Euro but if I can clean it, rewick it when I need to I'll give it the thumbs up. I'll keep using this to see how long it lasts before trying the 2.1 resistance.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Got my stardusts this morning. I've had a quick go with it and it seems decent so far. Not as much vapour/TH as the imist, though to be fair when I was done my battery was just about dead and they are reported to need a little breaking in. The flavour seemed a bit muted, though possibly smoother would be a better word, if that stays the case it may be a good device for fruity flavours.

Very easy to fill which is great. I'd taken the nipple off my bottle this morning to fill it and forgot to put it back on, but was easily able to just pour from the bottle into the stardust. That would be tricky even with a filler carto.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

im still debating whether or not to order 2 of these
    be nice to have as an option sure but.. ugh, money

Yeah, it adds up pretty quick. It seems like an ok device so far, not a 'must have' yet, will have to see how well it breaks in.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Where do you get them - Safercigs?

think safercigs is the only place that has em this side of the pond atm

• Advertisement

Yep, I got them from safercigs anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

After six or seven...don't remember which...fills the flavour on mine dropped off a bit so rinsed it under the tap and did a dry burn. It's completely fogged up now so I put it in the hot press and hopefully it's good to go in the morning.

I'm mostly enjoying this, it's quite good. But I do seem to be getting a burnt tasting hit quite often and I can't figure out why. It happens even when I've filled it and there's a tons of juice soaking through the wick. I can get a burnt hit, and then take another straight away and it will be perfect.

I'm wondering if either too much juice can leave some stuck in the coil and it gets burnt, or possibly if the LR version is too low for an eGo battery.

pbusardo reviewed this, overall not terribly impressed

• Advertisement

That's interesting, my experience matches his pretty closely. I haven't had that filling issue, but I've been using pure PG juice. Interesting that he thinks thicker juices vape better, I think I have some that's high in VG, must give it a try. When it vapes right I think it's really decent, but for me at least too many of the hits are dry and scratchy or else outright burnt.

the perils of ecig life

he reviewed the imist recently too, he ****ing *hated* it :)

Ha, must look that one up.

the perils of ecig life

he reviewed the imist recently too, he ****ing *hated* it :)

yeah saw that - he got a sh1t one for sure. it's worked for me anyways - asides from sortable niggles.

aye, i'd say if the vendor sent him a new one he'd be grand. he's normally one of the fairest and thorough reviewers on YT

ordered one of these today
    unfortunately I used slow delivery from healthcabin, so it might be a month or two before I get to use it :)
    looking forward to it all the same

I've kind of given up on mine, I cleaned it and tried it a few times again today, but lots of burnt tasting hits. I've read a bit about them since, and some people are suggesting that there may have been quality control issues, especially with the rush to fill orders after the chinese new year's break. So hopefully you'll get a good one. They have the potential to be fantastic devices.

well i only ordered the one for 4 dollars 50, so even if it is terrible it's not a huge investment
    and if they are good, i can order a couple from safercigs

Definitely worth a try at that price. I'm guessing you went for the higher res version? I've wondered if some of my issue is from having the lower res version.

oh
    ****, now that you mention it no I didn't.
    that was the reason I originally wasn't going to get it from healthcabin.. they only have the 2.1-2.4 ohm version. i just now remembered that
    lol, damn. well i can just throw the LT down to 4-4.5V and vape, no biggie

ah well it was only a side order anyway, i got 40 stainless steel boge 3ohms and i have a carto puncher coming from safercigs too so i'm prettyy much set for vaping for the next 5-6 months :)
    well I might need another bottle of 32mg nicotine, but ill play that by ear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭flids.utd

Maybe you were just unlucky Stevenmu
    I got 2 of these last week low res and have been using 1 since without cleaning just to see how it went and I've had no probblems with it, no burnt taste, no dry hits but it discolours the juice pretty bad now time to clean.
    I even ordered more yesterday, safercigs had no low res left so I ordered from ukliquids
    Got some pre punched carts today and they have way better vapour but I like the vision/stardust
    but then again I like the ce3s!!

I've been using the 2.8 version for 9 days and for the last few days the flavour has started to disappear...still loads of vapour, though. The wick is a bit discoloured and no amount of cleaning will shift it. Cleaned it again today and if there's no improvement tomorrow I'll either bin it or see if I can take it apart. It eats juice. I'd normally go through 4ml/day and could double that with the Vision so I reckon it's gone through over 60ml so maybe I'm being too critical.

oh

ah well it was only a side order anyway, i got 40 stainless steel boge 3ohms and i have a carto puncher coming from safercigs too so i'm prettyy much set for vaping for the next 5-6 months :)
    well I might need another bottle of 32mg nicotine, but ill play that by ear.

I was looking at the site last night and saw they have 110ml of different flavours for 8 dollars. Seems great value if they're any good. It will be a couple of months before I need to order anything from them but if they're still there I'll chance one or two.

aye but being serious.. how much diy would you be doing if you wanted 110ml of flavouring, lol

i made 20-25ml of gold ducat with only about 10-20 drops.. i shudder to think of the litres of ejuice you'd have all of the same flavour if you got 110ml flavouring

If it were 110mls of RY4 and good stuff I'd make a fair hole in it.

Cleaned the hell out of it, left it behind the computer fan to dry overnight, dry burned it this evening and it's like new again. Well impressed now.

how did you clean it? finger over the battery connection.. pour in warm water and shake?

Rinsed it under the tap a few times, then squired warm water into it with a syringe, then gave it 12 minutes in a jewellery cleaner and dry burned it the next day....it worked.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sonic-Jewellery-Cleaner-jewellery-dentures/dp/B001EVD92A

something like this? i've read people use them to clean atomisers alright

• Advertisement

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sonic-Jewellery-Cleaner-jewellery-dentures/dp/B001EVD92A

something like this? i've read people use them to clean atomisers alright

Judging by the single one-star review I wouldn't go near it but, yeah, that looks similar to what I have. Bought in the States 10 years ago and I doubt if it was cheap. Not sure I'd buy one just for cleaning e-cig stuff, though but it does save a lot of time and does a good job.

Advertisement