Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vision Stardust/Vision Ego

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I gave one to my mother last night, she rang me there about 10 o clock!

Singing it's praises, loves the VTF from it, and she's only after going through about 3ml of fluid, and she's a fairly heavy vaper.....so I guess these are the same as carto's? Some better than others maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

eeloe wrote: »
    I've been using one of these exclusively for the last couple of days to just to prove to myself that I 'don't' need something fancy to satisfy my cravings.

One I have is fairly LR, around the 2.0 ohm mark and is the v2-3 with the long wicks.

It's an absolute juice monster about 7-10ml in 24 hours ....vapor production is spot on with it, but as has been said, primarily PG juices are working best, when using Dekang juices you rarely have to tip it to rewet the wicks, normally when it's about 80% empty you might have to give it a tip over.
    achieve wrote: »
    That's a savage amount of juice to be going through per day! I don't find these to be any heavier on juice than any of the other devices I've used. Definitely, the V2 do wick better. So far I've only used various Dekang PG.

7-10ml seems excessive alright, i'm using far less juice in these than my usual atty.
    Vaping habits can be all over the place some days though whether your using it too much or changing nic strength.

I mostly vape at 6mg, the odd time a bit higher but can't take much of it.
    What i would do is fill one at 6mg and have another bottle of juice mixed at a very low level of around 2mg and vape that in between my bursts of 6mg rather than being on 6mg throughout the day.

Does'nt solve the atty eating the juice but i think it's better for your well being, don't know how some vapers use 36mg throughout the day ! Different strokes for different folks as they say.

I find 11mg a happy medium between throat hit and flavor.

18 is way too over powering, and in my eyes mutes the flavor, as I'm concentrating more on the mammoth throat hit!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

eeloe wrote: »
    I gave one to my mother last night, she rang me there about 10 o clock!

Singing it's praises, loves the VTF from it, and she's only after going through about 3ml of fluid, and she's a fairly heavy vaper.....so I guess these are the same as carto's? Some better than others maybe?

WTF is VTF? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

vapour
    throathit
    flavour

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Just got one in the post (2.0 ohm version) and I must say i'm very impressed,

I'm using 12mg ecto cool juice and getting fantastic results.
    Decent throat hit & vapour production and I think the purest flavor of any setup iv'e used in my short while vaping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I tried mine again today but it just doesn't do it for me. Draw is too tight and generally just don't think it's great.

Probably a decent choice for a new vaper though as it doesn't require any faffing about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

I tried mine again today but it just doesn't do it for me. Draw is too tight and generally just don't think it's great.

Probably a decent choice for a new vaper though as it doesn't require any faffing about.

I'm starting to agree with ya, was vaping quite heavily yesterday and got a lot of dry hits.

I don't mind mind the tight draw but that burning taste every few drags is rightly putting me off

Are ye using the long or short wick ones. Have been using the V2 long wick ones myself for past couple of weeks, but no dry hits (yet!) They can get clogged up though fairly quick if using thicker eliquids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Mines a long wick one. Works okay when full but gives dry hits when the volume decreases. Tilting when vaping helps but sometimes end up with a mouthful of juice then......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

I have been using the vision ego and vivi nova for the last week or so in turns and was having problems with dry burns at times with both of them, but I know its down to the wicking as I was using mostly 60/40 vg/pg when it was happening.

I then tried using a 80/20 pg/vg since yesterday and have had no wicking issues whatsoever they have been vaping beautifully with that ratio but the only problem is the high PG content really make my facial skin dry and kind of flaky for some reason, so its back to cartos for me until I maybe figure out how to rewick them to suit higher VG juices if that's possible.

I think the Vivi Nova V2 is a great clearomiser, I find with the right juice it gives a lovely vape and hardly any condensation like other clearomiser type systems though the vision ego isn't bad either I find it just gives a little too tight a draw for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭chacal

Been using this for the last week (2.1-2.4ohm) on an ego-c battery. Just doesn't work for me.. Think it's the warm vape that's a little off-putting. Purely my own taste - no complaints with performance. The search goes on.. Thinking some sort of carto/tank setup, just not sure what to go for

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Tried these clero things, Vision ego v2 long wick.
    5.50 euro for 1 and didn't last 2 days. If they had a rebuildable head rather than replaceable then maybe but as it stands, not for me.
    LR boges work well and last 2 days for 1.40, putting 10 ml through them. Why cant a tank which has no filler do the same?
    Shame, cos they look nice and are well made ( I sat on one and the ego batt separated but no damage to the clearo). They look like a good idea, feel like a good idea but are some way off being any more than an idea that needs work.

chacal wrote: »
    Been using this for the last week (2.1-2.4ohm) on an ego-c battery. Just doesn't work for me.. Think it's the warm vape that's a little off-putting. Purely my own taste - no complaints with performance. The search goes on.. Thinking some sort of carto/tank setup, just not sure what to go for

the mini-sub tank from momandpopvapour shop and the chibi tank from parkesvaping are both pretty good and cheap, with fast delivery (about a week from the states)

the mini-sub is probably the handiest to use of the to as it comes with a filling hole (sealed with a small screw) so you dont have to use a syringe to refill. it wasn't a huge pain in the ass to do that with the chibi, but it was a small pain in the ass.

they take boge cartomisers .. or any cartomiser really that will fit in them but boges are pretty good and are available from 3-4 different irish sites.
    youll need a carto punch too, bargainvapour have them or you can buy pre-punched cartomisers from either of those two sites

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Tried these clero things, Vision ego v2 long wick.
    5.50 euro for 1 and didn't last 2 days. If they had a rebuildable head rather than replaceable then maybe but as it stands, not for me.
    LR boges work well and last 2 days for 1.40, putting 10 ml through them. Why cant a tank which has no filler do the same?
    Shame, cos they look nice and are well made ( I sat on one and the ego batt separated but no damage to the clearo). They look like a good idea, feel like a good idea but are some way off being any more than an idea that needs work.

how the hell are these things vaping nirvana for some people and others just can not get on with them at all

is it quality control, are some people just unluckyu with the ones they're getting or is it just personal preference i wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭chacal

chacal wrote: »

the mini-sub tank from momandpopvapour shop and the chibi tank from parkesvaping are both pretty good and cheap, with fast delivery (about a week from the states)

the mini-sub is probably the handiest to use of the to as it comes with a filling hole (sealed with a small screw) so you dont have to use a syringe to refill. it wasn't a huge pain in the ass to do that with the chibi, but it was a small pain in the ass.

they take boge cartomisers .. or any cartomiser really that will fit in them but boges are pretty good and are available from 3-4 different irish sites.
    youll need a carto punch too, bargainvapour have them or you can buy pre-punched cartomisers from either of those two sites

Once again - thanks for all the advice. Will give that a go

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Myself, I reckon it's the volume. I vape 5 ml a day sucking it like a lollypop.
    Others might vape with less frequency or take shorter draws or use something other than 50/50 pg/vg.
    Too many variables, at least with fags their was tiped and non tiped, draw didnt matter other than how long it took to get back in out of the rain.
    We are the product research department for Smok and Ryuan I think.

I was going to say that, but I thought people might have thought I was crazy.

I go through roughly 5ml a day, and I can't use a stardust that much without getting a burnt taste and I've to constantly tip it to get nice flavor.

My uncle is about 1.5ml a day, and he's in love with these things...he's been using one now for 2 weeks and he says it tastes better than a dual coil ever tasted for him.

My mother is @ about 2.5ml per day, and she's getting similar performance but she has to tip it from time to time.

3ml a day and no burnt taste on the V2 ones. Got the burnt taste from one of the V1 ones

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Wouldn't use it for a full days vaping. Do get some dry hits if I use it for too long and it doesn't seem to handle juices heavier than 20-30% vg.

Ordered 4 of the V2 ones recently and have been giving them to people who are trying out vaping for the first time. They are very good and simple for newbies but couldn't use them as an all day solution

• Advertisement

got 2 of these on monday from healthcabin

hate them just as much as I hate every other clearomiser i've tried

first one was kind of ok with the orange de sangre... kind of
    second one is just awful with the cigarillos naturales which is 50% vg.

maybe if I took it apart and rewicked/recoiled.. but I cant be bothered. binning these

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

got 2 of these on monday from healthcabin

hate them just as much as I hate every other clearomiser i've tried

first one was kind of ok with the orange de sangre... kind of
    second one is just awful with the cigarillos naturales which is 50% vg.

maybe if I took it apart and rewicked/recoiled.. but I cant be bothered. binning these

The rewick with cotton is definitely worth a shot before you bin them. Check out the vivi nova thread

Got the rebuildable ones(v3) for my uncle and my mam, and the two of them love them.

I tried em, and the flavor is quite good, a bit fuller than my cartos, and vapor production is fine aswell.

Right, both of them have been using these with a couple of days now, and loving them.

Mother has said the flavor improved as the fills went on, uncle has reported the same.

Both say the v3 rebuildable is better than the v2, draw is much better aswell, much more free, as supposed to sucking on a straw in a thick Milkshake.

Only for I've soooo many carto's, I'd move on to these myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

I have had alot of cartomizers, clearomizers over the past few years ..

Most recent ones were C-ME, Ce-2, and Ce-4 (stardust) and CE-6.

The issue with all of the above wasn't vapour production, which on all was pretty damn awesome (provided you tilt before you vape), but the damn plastic kept cracking on every single one after about a week or two bringing it out and about - im not that gentle, keep it on a lanyard when i'm out but they should last a lil longer than that regardless.

However a few days ago got a CE-5 variation with a thicker and "less plastic" tank.. about 3/4' less visible plastic than the regular stardust with a screw metal base and head taking up the difference in size, capacity is the same if not a bit better as its straight and not tapered and the plastic is of the less crackable more flexible type.

Technically its not rebuildable but has replaceable parts. You can replace the screwable atomizer and wick for about 1.50 euro (same as Ce-5) with different resistance's available, I did successfully rebuild one completely but it honestly wasn't cost effective for the time it took and really had no benefits.

This really seems like a longterm winner and overcomes my only misgiving about the stardust. I have tried looking for the actual factory name but came up a-blank , its called the CE-tanker here and paid about 10 euro for it.

Pic attached.

cetanker_front_small.png

Next up - a Bulli Clone methinks.
    The rewick with cotton is definitely worth a shot before you bin them

Mind me asking why cotton and not Silica or Stainless mesh? ... cotton is just asking to be burned if it gets a tiny bit dry with a clearomizer IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭bernardamaac.

iv been vaping the v2 version all day and its ok the draw is kind of hard.Have'nt tried the e juice im using in it in a carto yet so have to see if the taste is diminished.

Advertisement