Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dart tip broken

• 28-02-2012 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

hi , just wondering as i broke the tip of my dart very close to the barrel, can it be drilled or heated to extract the reminder of the tip and replace with new one.. im not sure what 2 do.. there 22g tungsten :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

pudzy wrote: »
    hi , just wondering as i broke the tip of my dart very close to the barrel, can it be drilled or heated to extract the reminder of the tip and replace with new one.. im not sure what 2 do.. there 22g tungsten :(

Depends how close to the barrel it is. It can be drilled out if you know any engineers they may be able to do it for you. Otherwise it may be easier to buy another set of the darts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭mallachyrivers

How did you break it? Drilling it out to replace it is tricky, the replacement could be off centre and your dart could go mental!

If you could stick a picture of the broken dart up I might be able to tell you if it could be fixed without drilling it out

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭pudzy

buster180, its very close to barrel, looks tricking to drill in on the broken tip. cant grip it , thats how close ... was practicing in kitchen mallachyrivers and fell on slate tiles. now de have fallen many times b4, but i suppose it was weakening everytime it hit the floor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Get yer missus to suck it out. Practice makes perfect!

Advertisement