Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Request: What to do with Freeman Megamerge?

• 28-02-2012 8:45pm
    Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi - Options:

1. Shut and leave shut;

2. Taken out loony points and sticky them, so inquisitive users/visitors here can check before being taken in by their nonsense;

3. Move the entire thread to After Hours; or

4. Do nothing?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Nbr 2 is a good idea.

I most certainly wouldn't like to see the thread closed. If you do that, you'll only give the delusional freemen more fodder to say their methods work and the legal profession in particular, feel threatened by them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭mcgarrett

Not going to engage with you Tom unless you are on your oath, can I see your seal of office and does the common law entitle you to do that?

On a serious note, closing it may only result in a number of similar threads that have nowhere else to go.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

Yes: Probably right.

I think the Mods and some interested contributors should consider a counter sticky, to include debt leagues, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

The best solution is to move to After Hours as I think some of he regular contributors there could help the Freemen hone their message into a wholly coherent argument for anarchy!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭jargon buster

Over on James Randis freeman threads go in the Conspiracy section which is perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Please leave it as it is. It's the thread that brings me in here and I've learned a lot since then from the other threads that caught my eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Recommend 2.

Good post McGarrett, unless of course you are serious.............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Leave it.

This stuff seems funny to us because we all have (varying degrees of) knowledge of the law - many people don't and a lot of innocent people could end up digging themselves serious holes if this stuff isn't dragged out into the light of scrutiny and its head caved in with the shovel of truth.

At this point, I think someone in authority should have come out an debunked all of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Sacksian

I am wishing to enter this thread as a freeman, and remain in common law jurisdiction and, thus, enter this online vessel with all my natural, God given, unalienable rights intact.

It's nice to have a single location for all the Freeman questions and stories that come up. Otherwise, as others have pointed out, there will be multiple threads. The issue with that is that a lot of the FOTL threads start off in a blaze of glory with the stories of court cases being dismissed and judges running away from their arguments but don't get updated subsequently as reality and the law (slowly) catch up with them.

If they are allowed create multiple topics here, then infrequent browsers of the forum might get a false impression of their impact.

I stand under the fact that it's annoying reading some of the stuff but it's important to have it covered in a serious forum - like Legal Discussion - where there will be a chance that reasonable and intelligent posters are available to respond, especially in the current climate if this sort of stuff starts to get attention, rather than being shunted to a Boards.ie ghetto - like Conspiracy Theories.

Once again, I assert my rights and stand under common law, law of the land instead of law of the sea and ask you to relinquish your harpoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

Would go with #2 - think it's important that there's a ... critique ... of Freeman guff on here, given the increased prominence of these "ideas" in recent months, and the fact that various Freeman materials are circulating on Facebook, etc.

Granted, the megamerge thread is likely to descend into silliness from time to time, but it's the nature of the subject matter. Wouldn't be too bothered by that myself, it's a price worth paying for having a comprehensive debunking / mocking of FOTL in this forum, for people who want to delve in to it.

The really important thing is that there are stickies on the likes of the household charge, on your oath, "the Constitution stops the Sheriff" and other topical ones, which people are likely to see and might be taken in by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

I would suggest to the person sitting in the mods chair, that they should have their own sub forum.

I suggest it's a sub forum of TCN.

Advertisement