Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A1 in Business

• 28-02-2012 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I am in 5th year, and I was reading through mock papers of the business exam and it all seemed very doable. I am getting As in class tests and I was wondering what the right way to approach preparing to get an A1 would be?

I believe I am more than capable of getting it, but any advice would be very much appreciated, cheers ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Im in your position aswell, 5th year and getting all A's in class tests..
    I think a B1 minimum is very realistic for any student taking Business with a decent understanding..Its basically all memorising stuff from the book so if your good at that an A1 is in reach

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Doug89

I got an A1 in business back in 2007 and it's very doable.

My far the best advice (that I got just before the mocks at a free revision day in NCI and wish that I had have gotten earlier) was

a) focus on condensing everything down and into your own words - have a hardback copy, and at the end of every chapter make a detailed summary of it. Then when sixth year comes around focus on cutting down the big hardback copy into a smaller normal copy. Then again cutting it further and further every time until you end up with a list of words that represent definitions for everything in a chapter on one cue card.

b) definition, explanation, example. How to get perfect marks in each question.
    Do this by setting out your answer book like it were a workbook. Write in bullet points, giving examples for everything. No need for essays.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Doug89

I got an A1 in business back in 2007 and it's very doable.

My far the best advice (that I got just before the mocks at a free revision day in NCI and wish that I had have gotten earlier) was

a) focus on condensing everything down and into your own words - have a hardback copy, and at the end of every chapter make a detailed summary of it. Then when sixth year comes around focus on cutting down the big hardback copy into a smaller normal copy. Then again cutting it further and further every time until you end up with a list of words that represent definitions for everything in a chapter on one cue card.

b) definition, explanation, example. How to get perfect marks in each question.
    Do this by setting out your answer book like it were a workbook. Write in bullet points, giving examples for everything. No need for essays.

Advertisement