Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Housing estates in Moate

Options
  • 28-02-2012 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi all, just wondering what housing estates in Moate would be the best to move into.

There are some available for letting in sliabh rua, toorvalley, ard grainne, cois na habhainn and ard na glacha.

Anyone from the area have any opinions on which would be best for letting.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭skeptik

I've heard Cois na hAibheann and Sliabh Rua are nice places to live. Apparently Toorvalley is a kip full of thrown up houses and the walls seperating the houses in Ard an Locha are supposed to be paper thin. All word of mouth btw but might help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

To be perfectly honest, if I was you I'd rent in Athlone and commute to Moate if you need to work there. Much better selection of accommodation available and much more to do. On the Broad Majestic Shannon and right at the southern part of Lough Ree - Much better place to live all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Malena72

My friend is going to look at a dormer house in Sliabh Rua and his uncle is concerned that there might be problems with gardens sinking, he heard some driveways and lawns seem to be sinking. So now my friend is thinking of looking in some other town. Anyone know about this estate? Also is it mostly owners living in it or is it mostly rented.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

When looking for houses in Moate, thought some of the houses in Sliabh Rua were in poor state. The front few sections of the estate looked ok though.

+1 re Toorvalley, have heard nothing good about there.

Would recommend cois na habhainn or ard Grainne (try avoid the very middle of the estate though).

We picked Moate as house prices and rent were far lower, and you are only 10 mins from Athlone and Moate's a nice little town!

Advertisement