Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did they ever help up that guy who slipped on the Ice?

• 28-02-2012 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if that guy every got any appearance money for slipping on that ice. Did the feckin cameraman just laugh his ass off, pack his bags and head back to montrose?.. I get the creepy feeling that he was set up considering there was a stationary camera waiting for someone to fall to get their shot? I'm sure there's a law against that...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

"Appearance money"?

Disappearance money more like. WHA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Why dig up a 2 year old topic? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

No, he's still there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

He's still on the ground clutching his shopping bags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I heard from a cousin that he's still there on the footpath. Flailing.

nah, he still lying there like a beetle on it's back

bloody hell that's still the funniest thing I ever saw on the news :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

He's been signed up to do a low-budget remake of Falling Down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Armelodie wrote: »
    Just wondering if that guy every got any appearance money for slipping on that ice. Did the feckin cameraman just laugh his ass off, pack his bags and head back to montrose?.. I get the creepy feeling that he was set up considering there was a stationary camera waiting for someone to fall to get their shot? I'm sure there's a law against that...

Dobson you kidder you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

nah, he still lying there like a beetle on it's back

bloody hell that's still the funniest thing I ever saw on the news :pac:

I still get a hearty chuckle out of it every time its resurrected :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Pity the fella hasnt come forward yet, there was rumours of him on FB at the time(that Navan bloke) but nothing came of it. I still get a laugh out of after all this time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,420 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

A spokeswoman for RTE stated that they checked after the incident if the man was alright and while they did not get the unlucky pedestrian's details they would be delighted if he got in touch to discuss his new-found fame.

Advertisement