Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hkc secure watch problem

Options
  • 28-02-2012 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

ok living in my current house for 2 years and we ve never used the alarm because we never got the code i looked up some forums and tryed some of the solutions but to no avail first off it seems to be a 6 digit code and i tryed the user codes and engineers codes all that comes up is access denied even the shortcut codes on the inside of the lid come up access denied when entered some help would realy help thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Have you tried defaulting the alarm?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 will1987

im a total novice how do i do this ? it wont set off the alarm will it?lol

It will activate the outside bell so maybe do it tomorrow if you get a chance.
    You need to turn off the mains going to the control panel, open the control panel and disconnect the battery. The outside bell will ring when it is down powered. Remove the link JP1 in the center of the board and power back up the system. Go to the keypad and if the system is not engineer locked it should say default panel. Press yes and scroll to EN50131 default. The panel will now default so entering 1111 as the user code and then 04567 as the engineer code will allow you access to the panel settings. The system will need to be set up again but with all the help you will get here that will be no problem.

If the system is engineer locked then you will need an engineer to default the system for you.

ok what does the battary and jp1 look like iv opened the panel

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The battery is the big rectangular yoke sitting at the bottom of the panel.
    There are 2 leads connected to it. These slide off.
    The link LK1 is a small black plastic link that joins two pins at the centre of the main board.

• Advertisement

will1987 wrote: »
    ok what does the battary and jp1 look like iv opened the panel

Just so you have this clear, you are not opening the keypad. The control panel is what you are looking for. It is where all the cables off the windows and doors go back too. If the system is an 8/12 the JP1 link is located above the spring just right of the center of the board. It is a black plastic link that comes off the board. JP1 is wrote just underneath it.

ok so the keypad at my fromt door is not what im looking for then?? would it be at my fusebox?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 zara flower

i've seen them in hotpresses in semi-d style houses mine had a second keypad on it too though

ok iv found everything after i disconnet the bat and plug out the jp1 do i plug it straight back in or leave it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 zara flower

if i was you I would write down altor's instructions above before plugging it back in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

ok iv found everything after i disconnet the bat and plug out the jp1 do i plug it straight back in or leave it out?

Leave JP1 off , power up the panel .

ok done everything for a start the alarm didnt go off outside when all the power was cut and the panel at the door said engineer locked and this code after chksum=b20ch and after that it says system armed when you open the door it will beep for a minute but the alarm wont even go off

The panel is engineer locked. This method of default will not work.

so what do i need to do

so what do i need to do
    You would need to get an engineer to unlock it for you,

ok done everything for a start the alarm didnt go off outside when all the power was cut and the panel at the door said engineer locked and this code after chksum=b20ch and after that it says system armed when you open the door it will beep for a minute but the alarm wont even go off

Do you have a live bell connected to the alarm?

Advertisement