Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compatible routers for Eircom?

Options
  • 28-02-2012 11:34pm
    Site Banned Posts: 45

Can someone tell me if the Linksys/Cisco X2000 is compatible for Eircom?

I bought one and this message keeps appearing (see attachment). Everything in plugged in and it won't recognize the new router. My old Eircom one works fine except it keeps timing out when I use torrents, which is why I need a new router.

hwc0f7.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Alan_Curry wrote: »
    Can someone tell me if the Linksys/Cisco X2000 is compatible for Eircom?

I bought one and this message keeps appearing (see attachment). Everything in plugged in and it won't recognize the new router. My old Eircom one works fine except it keeps timing out when I use torrents, which is why I need a new router.

hwc0f7.png

Hi Alan,

Here are the config setting for the Cisco modem with eircom broadband.

- http://bit.ly/zqvjKy

I hope it helps.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Hi, i have a buffalo wbmr-g54 modem that i would like to connect to, but i don't know if it is compatible with eircom. I have tried connecting to 192.168.11.1 which is apparently it's address but i got through once and no more.
    My netopias wifi seems to have gone weak lately and i thought i'd try the buffalo router. Any pointers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

shedweller wrote: »
    Hi, i have a buffalo wbmr-g54 modem that i would like to connect to, but i don't know if it is compatible with eircom. I have tried connecting to 192.168.11.1 which is apparently it's address but i got through once and no more.
    My netopias wifi seems to have gone weak lately and i thought i'd try the buffalo router. Any pointers?

Hi shedweller,

We don't receive any training on third party devices however from what I have gathered online there's no reason why it wouldn't be compatible with eircom broadband. One thing I did notice is that it doesn't seem to be ADSL2+ enabled. This shouldn't cause an issue for you but is worth noting. Here's a link to the modem manual in case you don't have it: Buffalo wbmr-g54
    If you can't get into the modem interface it may be worth doing a 'hard-reset' of the modem. Couldn't find the exact way of doing this on the web but normally it's just a case of plugging in the modem and holding in a reset button on the back until the modem reboots. This should resolve the issue with access, and the IP address you were using also seems to be correct.
    If you need more detailed help I have to advise getting in touch with Buffalo directly as they would be the experts in this case.

Regards

James

Advertisement