Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Friendly Places - List?

• 28-02-2012 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I can find a list of pubs, etc. where we could go with our dog?

In the UK (where I'm from) there's a really good list on Dog Friendly which would be great for when we go over with the dog, but can't seem to find an equivalent list here.

TIA :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I doubt there's one like that here, but if you say where you are, locals may be able to give you info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

My handle gives it away!

I'm in Cork City, but surrounding counties (Kerry, Tipp, Waterford, Limerick, possibly Wexford) would be good too. Just in case we fancied a day out!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭noddyone2

I've stayed in the Glencairn Inn/Pastis restaurant near Lismore, welcoming and pet-friendly. Ryans pub, Newcastle near Liam Lynch monument below the Vee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45 Spitfire_24

Fionnbarras on Douglas st in cork allow dogs in their beer garden. They also do great toasted sandwiches&have beers from the franciscan well microbrewery. Electric on the south mall are happy to allow dogs on their terrace as well, their bar food is devine!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Salt001

Pet friendly hotels and bed and breakfasts seem to be much easier to find in the UK than in Ireland. I have been on numerous websites including the discover Ireland one and have come up with nothing. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭kimberworth

For pet friendly accommodation in Ireland have a look at www.ireland-guide.com click on 'places to stay' then click on 'pet friendly'

I was surprised to see you many hotels welcome dogs to stay in the bedrooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

If your ever up in Dublin, the grave diggers pub in Glasnevin don't mind dogs at all once you have control of them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

OP, if you have an iphone, there's a free app might be helpful.
    http://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/mydog-uk/id452715625?mt=8

Advertisement