Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C&C: Fashion Shoot

• 28-02-2012 11:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

hi folks,

Looking for some C&C for a shoot I did recently.
    The customer is happy with the last ones, so that that main thing. I do want to improve personally though so any input appreciated.

http://www.alanhenleyphoto.com/Fashion/Serendipity-Boutique/

The important thing is have the shoot in or outside the store which limited the types of shot. Same again this time.

Cheers
    Willy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

I am an amateur , with no fashion experience at all - so take this FWIW

1- too many photos for C&C

2 - All of the ones I saw seem technically competent, focus, DOF, exposure etc all good.

3 - headshots dont work

4 - I like the #31-35 (approx) sequence - 6-7 models walking down the street

5- I think you did a very good job capturing dynamic/moving poses in what was clearly a very confined space

6 - like the juxtaposition of model & mannequin in a few of the shots.

7- where are these shots destined for? some would look great on a website but not enough 'grab' for say a poster campaign.

Good overall, IMO.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Too many shots of the same frock. One of each is enough. The pics are well exposed and sharp, and as catalogue pics, would work well.

The sitting ones I'm not sure about. The mirror in the background is a distraction - I'm looking to see what's going on rather than looking at the frock.

Love the street shots - they just work.

Well done on a good shoot overall.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 328 ✭✭thefly

What pull and bag said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Good review by Foxt, one other thing I would say is to have a woman look at them. When I look at shots I first look at the technical aspect/composition/ and then I get to the position of the person, when I show pictures to my partner she has a totally different view. Always helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

There is an old adage "Shoot women from above, men from below" that I think would have helped with the sitting photos.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

Thanks folks.

I realise there's to many photos for individual C&C, just looking for overall feedback on set up, style, things to improve or do differently, etc.

Having them done in store is very important so there's not much I can do about the mirror. That's a 70-200 with me pinned to one end of the shop. Umbrella to left and above the models.

I'll take the shooting from above on board old goat, however I needed to shoot lower to cut out the clutter (including my reflection)

Anyone want to loan out a backdrop for the weekend?? :-)

Advertisement