Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

connect amp to tv

• 29-02-2012 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

Hello,

I just got a new
    42F701 LCD 3D TV, 42-inch, HD 1080p

and got an amp ... it has a black and red cable and need to plug one or both of them in for sound.

When i plug the black one only into the coax out the sound works a little bit but has distortion... all other possibilities do not work.

Anybody have any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Make/model of the amp would be useful but from the Spec of that TV it has a headphone socket requiring a 3.5mm jack to RCA Phono to feed a line level input on the amp. Not ideal but will give you some form of audio.

If the amp had a digital audio input then use the "Digital Audio" coaxial output from the TV to the SPDIF input on the amp. Without knowing which amp you've bought it's difficult to go any further.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Yurple

ZENER wrote: »
    Make/model of the amp would be useful but from the Spec of that TV it has a headphone socket requiring a 3.5mm jack to RCA Phono to feed a line level input on the amp. Not ideal but will give you some form of audio.

If the amp had a digital audio input then use the "Digital Audio" coaxial output from the TV to the SPDIF input on the amp. Without knowing which amp you've bought it's difficult to go any further.

Ken

Hi thank you so much for the reply.

The make is Cambridge audio and model is a500.

Does this mean I need to buy something different to use this with the tv?

To be honest I didn't really know what you were talking about. All those words! I got it to work on my previous tv but I don't remember how i did it .. Mainly through trial and error !

Thanks again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

you need to look for audio out on the back of your telly ,if it has phono sockets, ie round one white, one above or below it red, then connect a pair of leads into them, and connect the other ends to the audio in on your amp, it will probably have connections on the back for cd. phono etc connect to the cd or any of the audio in, bar phono and then select whatever you have connected to on you amp as source ie in this case, cd and it should work

Advertisement