Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS Vita Review Thread

Options
  • 29-02-2012 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭

So, since it's officially released over a week, lets hear users thoughts on the Playstation Vita.

I've got to say I got mine on the friday and haven't wanted to put it down since, the UI is awesome and the Amoled glass in conjunction with the software make it highly responsive. The graphics on the games are amazing, almost console quality. The only game (bar the free AR games) i have atm is Fifa, and its such a brilliant port. There are a few features missing such as Ultimate Team, but they way they've integrated both the front and back touchpad makes up for it. Whilst the PSV is quite big, its also light which certainly helps from the old 1st generation psp's.

The only downside at this moment is that the battery doesn't last very long, this is most likely because you're almost always connected to wifi/3g unless you turn it off in the settings. On my play after the first charge (something else I took into consideration), it lasted about 5 hours. At the moment I have it on flight mode as I'm not wanting to do anything with wifi etc, and after 3 hours of play my battery hasn't gone below 80%.

Personally, this Handheld is the new king of the handheld market.

Whats other people's opinions on the console?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I have no issues with the battery(turning the blue tooth off helped :o) and honestly, I have no issues with this console. Love uncharted and wipeout, I can see myself playing them for ages, love the console, love the feel, love the OS. This is pretty much everything I could want from a portable console.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Forgot to mention about the bluetooth! very good point though!

I've heard wipeout suffers from some FPS issues though? or at least they did at launch, has it been patched?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

FPS? I heard their were loading issues, but they've issued the first of more patches to cut those down.

FPS = Frames per second.

Yeah i've read load times are long but that's irrelevant to me tbh. And nice to hear they've patched some stuff, Wipeout is one of the franchises i truely love so I was disappointed to hear from peers that it wasn't worth buying as it was so broke at launch. I may invest in it now.

What about other users? any games you'd recommend or are looking forward to?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Dow this thread at work, but had no time to reply properly.

So here we go, I got my vita on launch day. I tried to stay away from it as I was afraid it will have same fate as my 3ds. The last minute I called the lad in GameStop to put away me one as I will come after work to pick it up.

I got wifi 16gb and rayman, then got 50eu credit on top of that. I spent it on monster hunter psp version and lumines.

After a week ps vita is the most played device at home and I own all consoles, handhelds and 2 gaming pcs. ( no more wii thought ). When I was buying it I knew it will be at home 99% so I was not bothered with battery life etc. after turning off Bluetooth battery life is very good I though, when you think off the quality you get.
    The screen itself will make you fall in love with vita in seconds! Fantastic quality screen and there is very little in the market which would make you go wow like this. It looks even more Impresive in the games. I newer knew there are so many colors :D.

Now I got 2 games from launch and both are superb quality. In fact ps vita has the best launch line up for console in years and generations. I will be buying 50 eu more so I can buy more games on psn! For the first time on launch console makes me want to get more games instead of waiting and for good titles to come out.
    On top of that you got a backlog on hundreds of psp games, which are well priced too. Soon we will get support for Psone ges too! So games are. It a problem!
    Now both ea costed me 35eu. I will be honest: I had no problem paying such price for handheld games. I know someone will come in and go: " bit I can get games on ze iphonez for ze 99 cent!!!". It is true, but it's quality is ****, compared what vita offers you now! In fact I would love to see more ps3 ports on vita! I would not have problem paying 35-40eu for vita games.
    On the other hand I a really not up to paying 40-45eu for 3ds games... I am not a hater btw!

Now like I said before it is most played device at home and most of it not because it's a new gadget. It is such a quality device with a console quality games in the palm of your hand. When misses watches her soaps on tv I can play vita! When I am no energy to go and play with pc i just lay down in bed and play vita!

Bad points:

Not many to be honest, my only bitching will be around songs policy with launch products: here's hardware and when we ready we will add software! So vita still has no YouTube and Netflix. It's a must on any tablet like devices.

For conclusion: vita is not just a gaming device, but it is an alternative to iPads and tablets for gamers. It has a huge screen so watching videos and Netflix on it is very handy. Browser is great too! Sony just needs finger out and sort out software to take advantage
    Of the hardware!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Ive really sore thumbs from playing it though. But it's so good, the touch screen is the best ive used on any device never misses a beat. Touch screens controls are kind of crowbar'd into some games though but does give plenty of options. Fifa uses it well and the puzzles in Uncharted i enjoyed using the screen for.

I'm still to experience the sore thumbs, but then again I doubt I will since years of excess gaming has caused me to be able to bend my thumbs backwards lol.

Advertisement