Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Having a go at Irish people

• 29-02-2012 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭

Appears to be the latest form of low energy subtle trolling. It seems to be based on the idea that every other country in europe or even outside europe is better than us in every way as are the people who live in those countries and that our own way of thinking and doing things and our whole culture are so bad that we have no other choice but to just copy what is done in those countries. All a complete load of bollix of course

So what brings this along? Is it the recession, or the person saying it just wants to get a response of 'irish people are great' so he can feel better and go to sleep? Another possibility is the crowd that have just started living in a new country and feel the need to bang on about how great everything is there.

Also what sort of Irish person comes to mind when 'irish people' are mentioned? Some arty farty D4 head who goes to Trinners, a gazunder-using granny from Kerry who rings in to Joe Duffy or something in between? And what makes people think the suppposedly unpleasant traits of Irish people dont exist in people living in other countries?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Dirty Irish bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious.

I read somewhere.

On the internet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

Sure it'll be grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

was there a point in that incoherient rambling?

oh hang on- you're irish

You must be drunk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

I'll handle this.

Foreign wimmins are hotter than Irish wimmins.
    FACT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I give this thread 20 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

If all Irish people were too proud, who'd be left to do the begrudging?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I'll handle this.

Foreign wimmins are hotter than Irish wimmins.
    FACT.

Yeah? Well Irish men have spotty arses.
    :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Garda.

Taxi drivers.

Joe Duffy.

Yore ma.

The dole.

Is that everything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I hate Irish people who hate Irish people who hate fellow Irish people.

I like Irish people though.

• Advertisement

chin_grin wrote: »
    Garda.

Taxi drivers.

Joe Duffy.

Yore ma.

The dole.

Is that everything?

Civil servants.

Pikeys.

The gubbernmnet.

etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

eth0 wrote: »
    Appears to be the latest form of low energy subtle trolling. It seems to be based on the idea that every other country in europe or even outside europe is better than us in every way as are the people who live in those countries and that our own way of thinking and doing things and our whole culture are so bad that we have no other choice but to just copy what is done in those countries. All a complete load of bollix of course
    And if you glance just to the north there, we have the most racist place on earth. A lot of people are fairly tongue in cheek about this kind of thing, but these yahoos actually really mean it, in a way that would bring a nostalgic tear to the eye of any old school South African white supremacist. Which is itself kind of ironic since arms were imported by loyalists from SA during the height of apartheid. Birds of a feather I guess.

Naturally its the few that give the rest a bad name, but the few in this case appears to be almost half of the population, so draw your own conclusions I guess. For my money these tribal types are utterly backward and will need to be educated in the nuances of modern civilisation before things can proceed any further.

This is all fairly new to me by the way, didn't notice it till I started posting in AH.

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    And if you glance just to the north there, we have the most racist place on earth.

Donegal is the most racist place on earth?

Fuckin' hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

And if you glance just to the north there, we have the most racist place on earth. A lot of people are fairly tongue in cheek about this kind of thing, but these yahoos actually really mean it, in a way that would bring a nostalgic tear to the eye of any old school South African white supremacist.

Those results are over 10 years old. I'm sure the north is a much more welcoming and open minded place now.

SURE of it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Fuckin' hell.
    It has the sexiest accent though, so that's alright. A good sexy accent covers a multitude.

It has the sexiest accent though, so that's alright. A good sexy accent covers a multitude.

Sexy, racist bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

Inferiority complex type dealio - we feel inferior to the rest of Europe on account of our middle-of-the-road, non-extreme weather. It's all weather's fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

I have a go at myself quite a bit.

I just do it to get there before anyone else really, it's the sign of low self esteem

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sandmanporto

lol at this
    ireland has produced some excellent people. we do have a very educated population. although yeah irish men and women in general look like mings!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

And if you glance just to the north there, we have the most racist place on earth. A lot of people are fairly tongue in cheek about this kind of thing, but these yahoos actually really mean it, in a way that would bring a nostalgic tear to the eye of any old school South African white supremacist. Which is itself kind of ironic since arms were imported by loyalists from SA during the height of apartheid. Birds of a feather I guess.

Naturally its the few that give the rest a bad name, but the few in this case appears to be almost half of the population, so draw your own conclusions I guess. For my money these tribal types are utterly backward and will need to be educated in the nuances of modern civilisation before things can proceed any further.

This is all fairly new to me by the way, didn't notice it till I started posting in AH.

Survey was made in 99-2000 so not long after the Omagh bombing. Id also say there is much stronger anti-muslim sentiment now in a few of the countries mentioned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sandmanporto

Fuckin' hell.
    the only reason why it's sexy to us is because it's different. I don't find it sexy at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 HAAA! HAAA!

What happened to your paddy-ism, did you lose your paddy-ism.

You know what you are?
    You're a self loathing paddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Someone needs to read more Beckett.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Surely somewhere like Alabama would be more racist than Northern Ireland?
    chin_grin wrote: »
    Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious.

I read somewhere.

On the internet.
    Patriotism can be an awful load of arse but there's no need for a simpering inferiority complex either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

There's ALWAYS a reason. I'm holding out for a nation who finds it endearing.

Advertisement